• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

tortured in the cellar

Help! I'm bleeding from the ears and my femur has snapped in two and the complex mechanism has......left me alone without a copy. No but really, folks. I downloaded a trial version of CloneCD. I bought a gadget and the gadget did not come with a paper instructions manual. It came with a CD-ROM and it has the instructions manual on it. I want to put the contents of the CD-ROM on my hard drive for quicker access and to cut and paste if need be. The gadget I bought is complex and I want to rewrite the instructions manual to something that I can understand and cutting and pasting will aid in this. But most importantly I want to put the contents on my hard drive. The company will not allow dl the manual from their website. But the CD-ROM is mine and I need to make a copy should the CD-ROM be stolen, lost or destroyed by the acrylic eating vermin of this evil place I live in. All I have are DVD-R and DVD-RW. I tried to use both but CloneCD spits out my DVD and says something like "This disk has no room." But I place a totally new DVD-R and/or DVD-RW each time. Or do I have to buy a CD-R? I thought anything on a CD can be placed on a DVD but not the other way around. I tried formatting the DVD-R and DVD-RW but my optical drive says it can't complete the format. What it will do is accept any file I drag onto it and then it tells me to "burn" it. So why isn't CloneCD letting me make my god damned copy? Thank you for any help that you may offer. :bang: :rock: :bowdown:

Please help

All I have are DVD-R and DVD-RW. I tried to use both but CloneCD spits out my DVD and says something like "This disk has no room." But I place a totally new DVD-R and/or DVD-RW each time. Or do I have to buy a CD-R? I thought anything on a CD can be placed on a DVD but not the other way around. I tried formatting the DVD-R and DVD-RW but my optical drive says it can't complete the format. What it will do is accept any file I drag onto it and then it tells me to "burn" it. So why isn't CloneCD letting me make my god damned copy? Thank you for any help that you may offer.

If you're copying an audio CD, use a CD-R/CD-RW blank.
If you're copying a DVD-5 (single layer), then use a DVD-5 blank (+R/R/+RW/-RW @4.7GB).
If you're copying a DVD-9 (dual layer), then use a DVD-9 blank (+R/-R @8.5GB).

Last edited:
Thank You For Your Respone

What I have is a CD-ROM with words on it. It's an instruction manual that was placed on a CD-ROM. Could you tell me the steps on what to do to create a back up copy. The terminology read write copy erase is ambiguous to me. Can you give me a step 123 approach? I have tried many times but the software tells me there is no room on my brand new CD-RW that has a 700 megabyte capacity.

Suggestion

Check the bit size in computer and the drive used to read will tell you if you have sufficient size.

Check the bit size in computer and the drive used to read will tell you if you have sufficient size.

1. IMAGE has 27,799,488 BYTES. IMAGE.ccd has 770 bytes. My CD-RW has 690,790,400 bytes. So why won't it burn the image to MY CD-RW? And how would I do it after "Read To Image File"?

2. I read Frank Hollander's recommendations in his email to me and I tried it their way and the SlySoft pencil stabbed the SlySoft disk to only 88%. After, there was nothing on the disk. Upon retrial it again only reached only 88%. Now what if I paid for CloneCD? And why would Frank Hollander recommend "ImgBurn"? Frank wrote to me: "You can also try the free ImgBurn tool: http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe and use that to read the DVD and create an ISO image." Why wouldn't Frank do everything he could to get me to understand how to use CloneCD? I have a lifetime subscription to AnyDVD HD and I use it with EASE every day. (I have a lot of DVD/CD) All I want is to create a rewriteable copy so I can drag the contents of MY CD-ROM onto my desktop for my convenience. Something is wrong here. I'm not being helped when this forum was introduced as "We are very proud to announce our new SlySoft Forum" and "This forum should be your first contact point solving your problems. By using the search function you surely will find answers to your questions." All I found was silence, half answers, misleading answers, the blind leading the blind, arrogance and hostility. And here is a tip for all you who COPIED DVD MOVIES MADE BY ALL THE BIGSHOT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS and find that once you transfer them onto another computer and they don't play it's because you can't transfer them to another computer. The computer you use to COPY your DVD MOVIES MADE BY ALL THE BIGSHOT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS is the computer that you will have to use to view them. No one ever informed me of that when I asked.

Last edited:
If you make an image of a CD then it normally has to go back on to a CD. Is there any reason why you don't just browse to the CD in Windows Explorer and copy all the information off in to a folder on your hard drive then just burn the contents of that folder on to a DVD?
Also if you're wanting to re-write the manual by cutting and pasting why not just open up the document on the original CD and cut and paste from that in to your own new document on your harddrive. Maybe if you said what the device is we could see if it's possible to get the manual elsewhere as well as it's unusual for a manufacturer not to post up a manual online somewhere.
And here is a tip for all you who COPIED DVD MOVIES MADE BY ALL THE BIGSHOT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS and find that once you transfer them onto another computer and they don't play it's because you can't transfer them to another computer. The computer you use to COPY your DVD MOVIES MADE BY ALL THE BIGSHOT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS is the computer that you will have to use to view them. No one ever informed me of that when I asked.
This is not true, I have thousands of copied DVD's and Blu-rays and can watch them on any machine I like. I don't even have the computers that most of them were made on any more

Last edited:
And how would I do it after "Read To Image File"?
After that process has finished, you would then choose Write from Image file to burn this back to a relevent blank disc.

If you launch CloneCD, then click on Help>Help, click on the Main Window item on the left for a more detailed idea of how to use the program.

The reason for not being able to burn the image back to a blank disc could be down to user error, poor blank media, dying writer or both poor blank media/dying writer.

Back