• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tool to edit an ISO image?

ddjmagic

Does anybody know of a Windows application that can quickly edit contents of an ISO image, without damaging the original image? (if this is even possible?)

I've tried both PowerISO and MagicISO, both successfully edit the image, but they have to completely rebuild it, which takes too long for what I'm looking for.

Not possible, once an iso has been created the contents is final. You can't edit it without having to recompile the original iso.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The iso is just a container, just like .rar is. You can't add/remove anything from a far/zip archive either without recompiling the archive either. Unless recompiling is done you aren't adding/removing any data ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

yes

Yes is the answer

I have written a small program that allows you to do this.

I don't know if this is what you are after.

If not, let me know

An ISO file is basically all the folders and files that make up the disk written in a sequential fashion to make ONE file.

It is NOT like a RAR i.e. it is NOT a compressed format that cannot be edited without being extracted, an iso CAN be edited as is.
Ch3vr0n is still however sort of correct in what he has said in as much as it really depends on what you want to do with the ISO file.

To sum up, anything that changes the length of the file (larger/smaller) will need a re build, if the alterations do not alter the size then easy and no rebuild is needed.

Attachments

• 3D 2D ISO Default_Forced Editor.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks rotty dog. Looks like a great tool, but not exactly what I'm looking to edit within the ISO image.

I have however stumbled across WinISO which seems to have a 'Quick Save' option, according to their Knowledge Base.
Not sure if it will work how I want or how reputable the software is, but I will probably give it a try over the weekend :)

Not sure if it will work how I want or how reputable the software is, but I will probably give it a try over the weekend :)

WinISO does seem to have worked how I wanted. I opened the image, edited the files I wanted, then saved. It look less than 30 seconds and didn't have to completely rebuild the image.

WinISO does seem to have worked how I wanted. I opened the image, edited the files I wanted, then saved. It look less than 30 seconds and didn't have to completely rebuild the image.

Hi DDJ

Yes, if you are ONLY altering the bytes, i.e. changing the bytes that already exist (Overwriting) then it will save very very quickly.

Tell me the bytes you have altered, i.e. what they were and what they are now and the addresses or header and I can make it automatic so you can enter a new MLPS playlist number in a text box as part of the edit program.

What did you do with WinISO ? I doubt, because I failed .

I guess you didn't notice this thread has not been replied to for FOUR years?
Sorry , that is found on Google , and i am looking for the best way to edit iSO image ,the WinISO didn't work for me .
I finally succeeded yesterday, this was the only one of the six tools I tried .

Last edited:
Mount the iso, and point imgburn to the mounted drive and add files you want in it. Then create a new ISO. Problem solved.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Back