• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT downsamples audio or not, with AnyDVD HD?

andy o

I know James has said that it doesn't, but people testing it here say it does, at least .128

I know I've always said I'm very skeptical of there being an audible difference, but really 1) it's my slight OCD (or paranoia?) and 2) I don't like being misled. I'd just like to know the truth and be done.

I also don't trust how these programs do the downsampling (again, I don't know that it makes much audible difference, but still). All in all, I'd be very much happy if all movies just came out in 16/48, and properly mastered.

Sorry, should have clarified. He said it doesn't downsample with AnyDVD HD. That was a fair bit ago though, but I could swear he did say so again very recently. I just can't find it.

EDIT: Dammit, I could swear he did say it recently, but it seems I was wrong, from following up a few posts on that thread you linked.

Last edited:
That's the one Webslinger linked to. He did say it, but later retracted.

Back