• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tmt & cat 9.1

hiro1030

I downloaded and installed the CAT 9.1 driver for my Radeon HD4870 last night. Everything seemed to be normal. I played COD4 @ 1920 x 1080 without any issues. And then, I tried TMT for BD playback testing. I used "3:10 to Yuma" for that BTW.
Well, the picture was blocked up. So, I checked ArcSoft forum and some folks are having the same issue.

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1672

And then, I tried PowerDVD 7.3 4617 with the same BD (3:10 to Yuma). Initially, it said it needed to install critical updates to play correctly. I thought that was odd. Because, PowerDVD 7.3 4617 played "3:10 to Yuma" fine before with CAT 8.11. But, anyway after installing some critical updates (very quick one), it played the disc just fine.

Well, I reverted back to 8.11 for now as I like TMT.

Last edited:
Interesting and sad. It seems Catalyst 9.1 has resolved my problem with TMT and my signal loss to my monitor due to the video device driver failing. So while my problem was fixed you now have a problem. :-/

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear everything is working well for you. :)

This minor issue could be very specific to my setup (8GB RAM installed on Vista 64-bit). I have recently upgraded my video card from the HD3870 to the HD4870. I had a problem with the HD3870 using Catalyst 8.12 before. It's an infamous code 43 error. Catalyst 8.11 worked just fine.

Anyway, I tried both TMT 128 and 129 w/ Catalyst 9.1 (clean installation) again, but I got the same results. So, I reverted back to 8.11 w/Windows update patch for HD4870 (Windows says HD4870 instead of HD4800 series). And it's working great, so no complain. :)

I downloaded and installed the CAT 9.1 driver for my Radeon HD4870 last night. Everything seemed to be normal. I played COD4 @ 1920 x 1080 without any issues. And then, I tried TMT for BD playback testing. I used "3:10 to Yuma" for that BTW.
Well, the picture was blocked up. So, I checked ArcSoft forum and some folks are having the same issue.
Yup. I can confirm that Catalyst 9.1 & TMT (all versions from .113 up to .129) & HW accel & MPEG2 decoding are broken. Further, Catalyst & ZoomPlayer & FFDShow & VMR9 windowless are broken.
I had to revert to Catalyst 8.12, and all is fine again.

BTW, TMT .125 is the last usable version. Starting with .126 TMT resamples HD audio, .128 & .129 have serious video/audio sync issues and are basically unusable. (That is, if you get TMT versions > .113 to run at all, they like to explode on XP machines)

Back