• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT 3: plays .evo files just fine and no video playing .iso

Galileo2000

Hi guys,

I am using the latest VCD to mount unprotected .is HD DVD image.

Launch TMT 3, try to play. Audio only, no video.

But if I point the thing to the .EVO file on the mounted ISO, it plays just fine.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Details: I am using G35 onboard video (Intel G3500). PDVD 8 plainly refuses to play anything on this board.

-------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I want my SlyPlayer, and I want it now!!

Last edited:
What happens if you try playing the original disc?

Hi guys,

I am using the latest VCD to mount unprotected .is HD DVD image.

Launch TMT 3, try to play. Audio only, no video.

But if I point the thing to the .EVO file on the mounted ISO, it plays just fine.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Details: I am using G35 onboard video (Intel G3500). PDVD 8 plainly refuses to play anything on this board.

-------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I want my SlyPlayer, and I want it now!!

PowerDVD8 wouldn't play the HD-DVD anyway so no loss there. As for HD-DVD playback, I just tried my Transformers HD-DVD image mounted using VCD and playing it back with TMT3 3.0.1.113 beta and it plays just fine with audio and video. I'm not using onboard video, however. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4870.

Adbear asks a good question. Does it play fine from the original HD-DVD?

DrinkLyeAndDie:

Are you using XP? Or Vista? Or Win 7?

Adbear and DrinkLyeAndDie:

When I am trying to play the original disk using Xbox HD DVD drive it won't play at all, just blinks after the click on the "Play" button.

Intel G35 under XP is known for the problems with HD media. Intel never bothered to release the correct XP driver.

However, since TMT plays EVOs w/o problem, I thought I should be able to play mounted iso as well.

Last edited:
If it won't play from the original disc it's unlikely to play the disc from an ISO as they're essentially the same structure. Playing back just the file is completely different as it's then in file mode not disc mode and accesses different codecs and hardware on your system. When in file mode it uses CPU to decode the video and doesn't decode HD audio, when in disc mode it uses the GPU to decode and will also decode the HD audio properly. Check that you have the latest graphics driver from the website, if it still doesn't work see if you can borrow a graphics card from someone that will play HD footage (anything from an ATI 2600 or Nvidia 8xxx series onwards should do it

Last edited:
DrinkLyeAndDie:

Are you using XP? Or Vista? Or Win 7?

Adbear and DrinkLyeAndDie:

When I am trying to play the original disk using Xbox HD DVD drive it won't play at all, just blinks after the click on the "Play" button.

Intel G35 under XP is known for the problems with HD media. Intel never bothered to release the correct XP driver.

However, since TMT plays EVOs w/o problem, I thought I should be able to play mounted iso as well.

I'm using Vista right now but I did play back HD-DVDs and BDs under XP SP3 before I stopped swapping back and forth between XP and Vista on my system.

I'm really not sure what to recommend. Just out of curiosity, UDF 2.5 drivers are installed, right?

I've used it on all 3, XP, Vista and Win 7 using an ATI 2600.
One other thing you could try would be to update Java on your system

I've used it on all 3, XP, Vista and Win 7 using an ATI 2600.
One other thing you could try would be to update Java on your system

Yes, it's often overlooked but it does seem that having Java up to date plays a very big role resolving some player related issues.

The current Java Runtime Environment is version 6 update 14 (build 1.6.0_14-b08 ).

I know, that's why I found it funny when someone posted that they didn't have Java on their system and never wanted to install it, I was wondering then how they played back there Blu-ray's and HD DVD's?

I know, that's why I found it funny when someone posted that they didn't have Java on their system and never wanted to install it, I was wondering then how they played back there Blu-ray's and HD DVD's?

I am really not a huge fan of Java but I recognize it has a valid role. One of my favorite photographic editing programs is Java-based.

I've seen many people not wish to install Java which just makes me shake my head but it's even worse when I've seen someone refuse to install Java but they want to install the old, out-dated, security-vulnerable Microsoft JVM. The say real Java is bad but they want to install Microsoft's bastardized form of Java. :rolleyes:

Anyway, yeah, Java is a fact of life and people really should keep it up to date for more than just security reasons.

Installed the latest Java runtime, rebooted, still no joy.

Yes, UDF drivers are installed.

I think I am cursed and will have to put PCI-E card into the system which is supposed to be perfect for the HTPC with onboard HDMI output.

Damn.

Thanks anyway guys.

So I gave up and installed Asus EAH3450 VGA.

My HD DVDs are fine.

So I gave up and installed Asus EAH3450 VGA.

My HD DVDs are fine.

I'm glad to hear you got it resolved. Unfortunately, yeah, you had to use an add-in card but the results will be far better than the onboard video. :)

I'm glad to hear you got it resolved. Unfortunately, yeah, you had to use an add-in card but the results will be far better than the onboard video. :)

Thank you sir.

It looks very well.

Some of my concerns: my temps are pretty high already, and this VGA has a passive cooler and can get pretty hot. Stress-tested for 4 hours, using stock E7200 2.53Ghz. (I managed to run it as high as 3.8Ghz).

I still would like to know whether anyone managed to get HD DVD playback using XP Pro and Intel G35 chipset / X3500 integrated video w/HDMI out.

Back