• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Title Obfuscation

raymondgibbons

So I've now ran into this on many DVDs. Most of the time I can google and find out what people say will work as the default Title and then I rip the disc using HandBrake.
But I'm starting to have more difficulties finding and confirming the correct Title. For example, The Last Stand with Arny (2013), there are about 50 titles all very close to the same length. Googling came up with a solution for the discs distributed to RedBox, but I don't have the same titles listed that the RedBox BluRay discs have...

Is there a definitive way to identify the correct default Title?

SlySoft - Could you possibly put this information into the Disc Status page??? Please :)

The correct playlist already is posted in the status window, if it isn't you need to provide a logfile, without it the devs can't find it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

What do you mean by status window? I usually stick the disk in, then rip to hard drive, then feed that into Handbrake. Have a huge bluray collection that is turning into a pain to convert into MKV's for the HTPC.

Is there a specific mode that has to be turned on, or am I just not looking this the right way.

What do you mean by status window? I usually stick the disk in, then rip to hard drive, then feed that into Handbrake. Have a huge bluray collection that is turning into a pain to convert into MKV's for the HTPC.

Is there a specific mode that has to be turned on, or am I just not looking this the right way.

He means the AnyDVD status window:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.5.2.0, BDPHash.bin 14-09-03)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.00 N1A44A4K88C7A92552
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 12085504 sectors (23604 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: CATCHING_FIRE
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 44
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Java BD protection good playlists: 461
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!

On playlist obfuscation source Blu-ray disks the valid playlist is ALSO shown after the rip within one of the output folders on a folder rip.

Last edited by a moderator:
This helps a lot. Unfortunately my disconnect was in correlating this Playlist with a Title presented in HandBrake.

To help the next guy looking for the correct Title in HandBrake:
Put in your disc and let AnyDVD scan it. Note the AnyDVD Good Playlist from the Status Window
In HandBrake, select and scan the Blu-ray Disc. Then in HandBrake go to Tools -> Activity Log and look under Scan Log.
HandBrake will list all the Titles found, then on the next line in the log, it will state the corresponding Playlist.

Then in HandBrake go to Tools -> Activity Log and look under Scan Log.
HandBrake will list all the Titles found, then on the next line in the log, it will state the corresponding Playlist.

Great tip! I don't use Handbrake myself but I have seen a few users in the past that have struggled to figure out the matching playlist between AnyDVD and Handbrake.

Back