Tiny Bug: Image creation remaining time shows in seconds.

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by rajdude, Oct 2, 2008.

1. rajdude

rajdude Member

I searched but could not find another thread for this little issue.

When I create a ISO image using AnyDVD it shows how much time to go before the image is done. That is very useful information.

The problem is that it says xx.xx secs but (I guess) in reality it means minutes.

(pl see attached image)

Simple fix?

Attached Files:

2. ejm

ejm Member

I believe your seeing MIN:SEC to go. Your image looked like 82 minutes and 08 seconds to go.

3. Bigrick

Bigrick Well-Known Member

so your only problem is that you think it should say minutes instead of seconds is that correct

4. rajdude

rajdude Member

Well yes..... but even my "problem" of putting "mins" there is wrong :)

I googled it.....if you want to be 100% correct that display should look like :

xx:xx:xx (nothing here)

hh:mm:ss [no need for a sec or hr or min here.]

This is according to my understanding of : International Standard ISO 8601
    It specifies numeric representations of date and time:

Excerpt:
    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

5. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

There's nothing to be fixed, it's very obvious that it means minutes:seconds

6. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

This post will be seen if it hasn't already. I'm sure if they feel it should be changed then they will do so.

7. Tox

Tox Well-Known Member

it's standardized. the unit you put after a time designation always refers to the leftmost number. so e.g. 6:37 h means 6 hours and 37 minutes, in contrast 6:37 min means 6 minutes and 37 seconds, that's it. besides the unit is "min", not "mins".

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  8. rajdude

rajdude Member

hmmmm....so in continuation of your hr and minute explanation........

82:08 secs should mean 82 seconds and 08 milliseconds (or micro seconds?)..........NOT 82 minutes and 08 seconds right?

:confused:

So that would be wrong, right ?8)

9. BDMinus

BDMinus Well-Known Member

"xx min yy sec" would make it clear, just needs a cosmetic fix.

10. Tox

Tox Well-Known Member

nope, xx:yy s is not allowed. after seconds there are only decimal places like 82.08 s which ordinaryly means 82 seconds and 8 hundredths.

in general the valid time format is hh:mm:ss.ffffff unit. the unit has to be the name of the highest shown part of the time or left out if it's already clear by content.

i would recommend the windows built-in formatting feature for region-dependent informations with the format "m:ss min" so everybody would get the right formatting of his culture as ":" is the placeholder for the user's time separator characters, "m" the variable-length designation of the minutes and "ss" the fixed-length designation of the seconds.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008