• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ThreatFire claims mencode in CloneDVDMobile is a keylogger

IMustBeStupid

I just licensed the bundle, and am trying out my first conversion. I am converting the movie "Silverado" to XBox360 format.

Shortly after starting the conversion, ThreatFire (a spyware/adware/virus detector; see http://www.threatfire.com/ ) popped up a dialog window:

attachment.php

I'm guessing it's a false alarm because of the way ThreatFire works, but I *am* a bit nervous...

:confused:

Attachments

• mencoderKeylogger.JPG
    mencoderKeylogger.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 16
Provided you downloaded the file from Slysoft (if you didn't, then you take your chances), that's a false positive.

I definitely did download from SlySoft.

I'm not checking the "remember my answer" box when I allow it to proceed, and that dialog keeps popping up.

I wonder how ThreatFire 'detects' that a program is logging keystrokes...

/shrug mencoder is safe app.

There's no virus/trojans/anything nasty in Clonedvd mobile (provided it's downloaded from Slysoft's website).

I could understand Anydvd triggering that message (again, that would be a false positive) due to it hooking into
IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID, but Zonealarm overreacts as well (claims anydvd is monitoring keystrokes, when it isn't).

Last edited:
Back