• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Threads marked as unread

Robert Newton

When I first started reading these forums, the threads that were unread were listed in bold print. Something I must have done wrong does not show any threads in bold anymore. Your help listed:The administrator can also set up the forums so that each thread you read is marked in the database. If this option is set, then new threads (or threads with new posts) will not be marked as read until you have actually read them.
can I have this option again

Hi :)
Welcome onboard Robert Newton. :agree: :clap:
The forum has been recently updated.
Whilst not having any input in that respect with this forum.
There are likely to be some anomalies initially.
Folk can list their problems & where possible/practicle. Solutions will no doubt be forthcoming.
Thanks for your understanding & patience.
BTW In terms of the unread threads being in bold & those already read not.
That is still the case.
I have tried three browsers.
IE7, Firefox 3 beta 5 & Opera.
Try clearing your browsers cache etc.

Last edited:
Sometimes I find that when I close Firefox and come back that threads that I had already read are bolded and considered unread and some threads that I hadn't read before are marked as read. It's one or the other when it happens. I don't have some suddenly become unread and some become read.

I've always assumed it had something to do with cookies or the files in the browser's cache.

In my original thread after the word help:
the statement that follows came from somewhere in the forum help areas. My understanding of that statement is that the administrator can cause the unread to be bold etc. I could be wrong but that was what I got from the statement. I use firefox and have my cache cleared on exit. May I should change that in the tools.
I seldom respond to threads but read them every day. You guys do a great job so keep up the good work. I pick up a lot of tips from day to day.

In my original thread after the word help:
the statement that follows came from somewhere in the forum help areas. My understanding of that statement is that the administrator can cause the unread to be bold etc. I could be wrong but that was what I got from the statement. I use firefox and have my cache cleared on exit. May I should change that in the tools.
I seldom respond to threads but read them every day. You guys do a great job so keep up the good work. I pick up a lot of tips from day to day.

The setting you are mentioning is set for users already. The setting doesn't need to be changed by the administrator(s).

I can't explain why you are having your problem or the random problem that I have but I believe the problem is on my end and not the forums.

Back