• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

THOR region 4

atrotta

I am not able to rip THOR DVD even running on the latest version of AnyDVD. Already tried 6.8.6.1 beta unsuccessfully with Clone DVD and AnyDVD rip to HD feature. Both stoped after completing around 70%

Even after setting up my drive’s region to 4, THOR is still hanging at 82%. I am using the latest version of both, CloneDVD and AnyDVD. Attached you will find the AnyDVD and CloneDVD logs.

P.S. I am only using CloneDVD to make a copy of the DVD to my HD. I am not using it to BURN the DVD copy.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.6.1_Info_D_THOR.zip
    305.1 KB · Views: 20
  • CloneDVD2.txt
    922 bytes · Views: 8
THOR still hanging even after setting up DRIVE's region

Just wanted to let all know that I attempted to rip using two different computers. One running Windows XP and the other one Windows 7, both with the latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD versions. I also attempted to change the DVD media from Blockbuster (both, the first and the second) unsuccessfully. Attempts using CloneDVD and AnyDVD rip process stopped at 83%.

a little more info....

Attempts using CloneDVD and AnyDVD rip process stopped at 83%.

This is most unusual. What exactly is the error you see when this "stops"?
Maybe a screen shot? And are you trying to create an ISO when this "stops"?
a. Press and hold ALT. Press the PRINT / PrntSrn key on your keyboard
- on some laptops you may need to press "Fn" + "Print" keys.
b. Release the keys and open start > all programs > accessories > Paint (not Word or anything else)
c. Click "edit" and "paste". This will pull the image into the frame.
d. In the file dialog select "JPG" as the file type, click "file", "save as" and give the file the name "error".
e. Please attach that image to your reply.

THOR still hanging - AnyDVD screenshoot

Hi Frank,

please, find attached the screen shot I have captured from AnyDVD after trying to rip THOR to my HD. The error looks like the same when I try to make a backup with CloneDVD.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Hanging(THOR).jpg
    AnyDVD_Hanging(THOR).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 31
A file IO3 error is most likely a read error caused by a defective disk.
I hesitate to make that a definitive proclamation only because of the recent (found and fixed) issues with Thor.
But it's still very likely that's all it is.

-W

THOR still hanging - AnyDVD screenshoot

But I already attempted with another media (the second one) and ran over 2 different computers (XP and Windows7) and both crashed around 80% done. Should I try a third one from a different rental store?

It wouldn't hurt, and if it wasn't Thor I'd say "go for it".

But perhaps we outta wait for one of the "big guns" like James or Peer to look at your logfile and pronounce expert judgement from the top. Thor now has a "reputation" in these parts. :)

-W

It wouldn't hurt, and if it wasn't Thor I'd say "go for it".

But perhaps we outta wait for one of the "big guns" like James or Peer to look at your logfile and pronounce expert judgement from the top. Thor now has a "reputation" in these parts. :)

-W

I vote for a defective and / or dirty disc and / or drive.

I already attempted 2 different medias in 2 different computers and got the same error. But the 2 medias have been rented from Blockbuster. So, I would say it is a very big coincidence the two medias being defective. I also cleaned both but I am still getting the error. The only alternative I have is to try to rent from another store. Anyway, I would like to get a formal evaluation of the logs from AnyDVD and CloneDVD I posted.

James looked at the logs and voted for a defective disk. Try getting on from a totally different source - defective disks come in batches. At this point in time, you are the only one having a Thor problem.

-W

Must agree with atrotta...

I'm experiencing a similar issue as atrotta decribed... I usually back up to ISO (from anydvd) but for this one I keep receiving an Error Messages on "Sectors 5952-5983", right on the start with 0% completed...

Then just for fun I tried to use CloneDVD2 and guess what... it does have a good start but then it gets stucked in 78% (for AnyDVD 6.8.6.0) and 82% (for AnyDVD 6.8.6.1), apparently because of a "Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)".

Note: I haven't got this DVD from Blockuster, so definitely there should be something blocking a correct decryption of this DVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.6.1_Info_E_THOR.zip
    308 KB · Views: 1
Similar is not the same ...

I'm experiencing a similar issue as atrotta decribed... I usually back up to ISO (from anydvd) but for this one I keep receiving an Error Messages on "Sectors 5952-5983", right on the start with 0% completed...

Then just for fun I tried to use CloneDVD2 and guess what ... a "Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)".

1. Your log shows some READ errors

2. CRC errors are NOT protection but come from the Windows I/O data integrity rules and are serious/permanent READ errors

3. Don't use AnyDVD to create DVD ISOs - the option is for BluRays.

So, it looks like a disc that plays but won't read.

Just some additional info...

One strange thing that I've noticed with this DVD is that it shows a total of 25GB of data in DVD (using Windows Explorer, with AnyDVD active). I've seen this pattern in a couple of Disney DVDs, that I was able to back up transforming it to ISO and then burning the ISO to a DL DVD (Clone DVD or Decrypt to Hard Disk had failed to back up). But no luck with the Thor DVD...

By the way, I also tried to decrypt to hard disk, but with no luck... Apparently I can't get the VTS_XX_4.VOB and VTS_XX_5.VOB right. The other VOBs (1,2,3,6) looks Ok - Note that I've put VTS_XX, since the same files appears repeated a few times in the directory (XX starting from 07)

Same Problem THOR region 4 stops at 78% or 82%

I'm having the exact same problem at the exact same point!
Stops at 78% or 82%
Plays on DVD without errors

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Log for THOR

Log for THOR Region 4

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.0_Info_E_THOR.zip
    302.3 KB · Views: 4