• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

This thread is used to tell users if the movie uses screen pass or not........

As you can see, I am indeed a NEWBIE to the RedFox Forum, but not of SlyFox. I have been with SlyFox since 2005. Is there a way I may chat with you that you may know I am not trouble, but a member looking to continue to place my owned Blu-Ray discs on my server. I have been doing this for a long time... and I will continue to do so until media will no longer be available to own your own copy of.

Just to let you know that this tool is only needed in rare specific cases (eg while waiting for AnyDVD to handle a disc correctly)
I recommend you post what you are specifically trying to do or what problem you have and I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to help you out :)

Just to let you know that this tool is only needed in rare specific cases (eg while waiting for AnyDVD to handle a disc correctly)
I recommend you post what you are specifically trying to do or what problem you have and I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to help you out :)

Totally agree DD.

Hi Kuhnglobal1,
You really do not need my tool, I wrote it more as an exercise than anything else.
In most cases, AnyDVD will have already resolved the Java protection for a disk you are wanting to backup.
If they have not, then post all the info you have, i.e. the Jar info and log file (just to be sure), and the Guys at Redfox will sort it out for you/us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rotty... thanks DD.... will do. I always appreciate your input and expertise.

Just for a babble of what I have been doing...

Using AnyDVDHD, I always rip the entire Blu-Ray to begin with as a folder... not an ISO. Then I utilize HandBrake to make the movie a more manageable size for my home server, and PLEX Service. Like anyone finding the ScreenPass protection on specific discs, I was also having to utilize BD Info, which I was gathering all the segment numbers..... and then finding the mpls after properly assembling the film. LOL... man that was long and awful. And probably idiotic of me since there was a better way of doing it. Then... I found the video, also shown on this forum, that showed to utilize the Process Monitor, along with POWER DVD 14+. That was genius! Thank you for that to whomever you are! So.. making a long statement longer... I use NERO quite a bit, and it was a purchased program that is basically what POWER DVD 14 is, so I tried it instead on Norm of the North.... IT WORKED!! I was thrilled to state the least. I thought if it worked on that one, it should work on others as well.... so I tried it on INSURGENT. (This looked like SCREENPASS to me as well.) Just when the PM was starting to show results that made me believe it was the film... it showed another MPLS.. then another... and another... down the entire line. Weird right? That stated... I am probably way behind on knowing what the heck is going on with this. So I looked through our Forum here... and saw that Rotty Dog made a specific tool for this process.... and what can I say... the shortcut looked like a great thing... lol. Guilty I am for trying to use some ones efforts and work for my own ease of benefit.

OK.... so that is it... I will continue to search for solution to the ever increased protection of those selling their media to me... lol.

Again... thanks for the responses fellas. You guys are great... and I appreciate the input, and the work you have put into making our purchased media playable as we will do... until we cannot any longer.

Long Live ANYDVD and RED FOX!! :)

Yeah I know... the above comment is a bit over the top... lol... but still.... so cool. Kinda like "I AM SPARTACUS" ;-)

Thanks Rotty... thanks DD.... will do. I always appreciate your input and expertise.

Just for a babble of what I have been doing...

Using AnyDVDHD, I always rip the entire Blu-Ray to begin with as a folder... not an ISO. Then I utilize HandBrake to make the movie a more manageable size for my home server, and PLEX Service. Like anyone finding the ScreenPass protection on specific discs, I was also having to utilize BD Info, which I was gathering all the segment numbers..... and then finding the mpls after properly assembling the film. LOL... man that was long and awful. And probably idiotic of me since there was a better way of doing it. Then... I found the video, also shown on this forum, that showed to utilize the Process Monitor, along with POWER DVD 14+. That was genius! Thank you for that to whomever you are! So.. making a long statement longer... I use NERO quite a bit, and it was a purchased program that is basically what POWER DVD 14 is, so I tried it instead on Norm of the North.... IT WORKED!! I was thrilled to state the least. I thought if it worked on that one, it should work on others as well.... so I tried it on INSURGENT. (This looked like SCREENPASS to me as well.) Just when the PM was starting to show results that made me believe it was the film... it showed another MPLS.. then another... and another... down the entire line. Weird right? That stated... I am probably way behind on knowing what the heck is going on with this. So I looked through our Forum here... and saw that Rotty Dog made a specific tool for this process.... and what can I say... the shortcut looked like a great thing... lol. Guilty I am for trying to use some ones efforts and work for my own ease of benefit.

OK.... so that is it... I will continue to search for solution to the ever increased protection of those selling their media to me... lol.

Again... thanks for the responses fellas. You guys are great... and I appreciate the input, and the work you have put into making our purchased media playable as we will do... until we cannot any longer.

Long Live ANYDVD and RED FOX!! :)

Yeah I know... the above comment is a bit over the top... lol... but still.... so cool. Kinda like "I AM SPARTACUS" ;-)
You can follow the 3 videos and end up with the same result as mpls finder. The only thing mpls finder does extra is manual segment mapping to elimate playlists quick. Rotty automated what you see in the 3 videos.

Thank you gereral1.... I very much appreciate you guys responding so quickly.

:D:D:D

We were told about the program in another forum. As instructed, I downloaded the program, and sent off the key request, only to be told that I, and many others who did the same thing, cannot have the key. It is not nice to tease and then say sorry.

We were told about the program in another forum. As instructed, I downloaded the program, and sent off the key request, only to be told that I, and many others who did the same thing, cannot have the key. It is not nice to tease and then say sorry.

I have NEVER told anybody that they cannot have the key.

What I am saying is that you really don't need it, it was written some time ago and is not needed now.

No one is teasing anybody, certainly not me.

Wrong attitude, it puts people off helping anyone.

P.S. When I wrote the tool, I did NOT have a screen pass disk to try it with, so I made it key useable just so people didn't download it willy nilly and burn disks with incorrect sequence/wrong playlist selection.
That was the only reason for the key in the first place.

I have NEVER told anybody that they cannot have the key.

Via general1 I was told I could not have the key, because you didn't know if was a corporate insider, or not. See the posting above from general1.

What I am saying is that you really don't need it, it was written some time ago and is not needed now.

Still nice to have, just in case.

No one is teasing anybody, certainly not me.

Sorry, I should have been more specific as to who it was. It was general1 who did the posting about the program. I'm sure that his intent was not to tease, but it just appears to be that way. I got excited about this neat program, only to find out that I can't use it.

Yes this Is true, I had an email from Gererel1 passing on your request. It is also true that I pointed out to him that the request was from a new member.

It is also true that in the light of what had been going on re Slysoft, I said that we don't know who these new members are.

Now because this tool was no longer needed, there was nothing to be gained by giving any info out, (not that this tool is rocket science of course).

I will send you the key, both yourself and Kuhnglobal1 to keep the peace.

Oh noooooo. I do apologize if my inquiry caused commotion. I wasn't intending so. I do want to say thank you for your great work on this. And for allowing me to try it.

:):):):):)

Hay Rotty. Maybe I should take out the mpls finder referral in the sticky thread so you do not get swamped with people asking for keys. This could get out of hand....... There are 1000s of users passing thru these forums. If you request it I'll remove the link on the sticky. We all know if we need a key just ask. Peace out...off to emporia Kansas.....1200miles of driving.....

Well? Looks like my NERO will not work for everything. Funny that it worked on Norm of the North. It certainly doesn't for Insurgent. So as you stated, CyberLink PowerDVD 14 is the way to go. Looks like they are well beyond that release though... do you know if the new releases work the same?

Thanks again!

Please ignore my last question above..... I gave myself a head slap for that one....

Last edited:
Hadn't noticed. Not sure how it helps AnyDVD HD users though and IMO it's rather pointless.
It pretty obvious 5 seconds after opening it in any 3rd party tool/player that the disc has Screen Pass (hundreds of playlists for selection is a giveaway)

Now if AnyDVD HD could tell you/remove it everytime, that would be helpful.

gereral1 - It's may be easier just to open the disc in MPC-HC and look at how many playlists are available, if its only a few then the disc doesn't contain Screen Pass protection.

Right Click during playback > Navigate > Blu-ray Playlists. Takes 5 seconds :) (might save you some time)
There are so many movie streaming apps in the market, like Netflix or (snip) for example. The apps make a great way to watch your favorite TV shows and movies. Many even have documentaries, musicals and theater performances. A lot of them are free to download and use, while also being legal. OThers might require you to pay a small subscription amount. you cna download the pc version from this page :

Not a smart thing to do Ellis for a first time poster. A year old thread necro and piracy linking. Name and link to that ...Box app removed. It is not a streaming service like Netflix, it gets its source through torrents which is piracy plain and simple. Redfox does not condone that and as such the references have been removed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back