• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

This DVD is copy protected

wiggy97

Having copied many DVDs using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 today I received the dreaded This DVD is copy protected message so I can get no further. Attached is my log file I can open other copy protected DVd''s OK so what am I doing wrong with this one _ The Closet - Le Placard described as Region 2.
XP sp3 not running any obviously conflicting programs ANY DVD says CSS and region on disc locked at 27!
Thanks for any help
Wiggy

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_OP012CLO.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
The logs are not completing and this could be caused by a bad disc, problematic filters installed, a dying DVD drive, etc.

From your logs:

InCDPass (system32\drivers\InCDPass.sys), Version: 5.9.8.0 (5.9.8.0)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD
Copyright: Copyright 2008 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero InCD RW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 9, 8, 0
ProductVersion: 5, 9, 8, 0

incdrm (system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys), Version: 5.9.8.0 (5.9.8.0)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD Reader
Copyright: Copyright 2008 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 9, 8, 0
ProductVersion: 5, 9, 8, 0

drvmcdb (system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.22.3.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.22.03a

You have packet-writing software installed which I suggest removing. The filters can cause read errors. We need to rule these out as the cause of your problem so I recommend removing them.

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "InCDPass". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Select "incdrm". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  6. Select "drvmcdb". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  7. Reboot

Whatever program installed those filters may no longer work properly. If you reinstall the software that installed the filters then the filters will be installed on your system again. I do not recommend doing this.

Do as I have advised, reboot your computer, and please create and post a new set of log files.

Last edited:
Further log file

Followed the steps you described - disc still says copy protected.
Thanks for your help
Wiggy

Attachments

6.1 KB · Views: 3
According to the log you deactivated AnyDVD. An inactive AnyDVD doesn't decrypt DVDs.

Any DVD is definitely running now- here is another log

Attachments

6.1 KB · Views: 4
Yes and no

Any DVD is definitely running now- here is another log

It's running but not correctly. I've seen this when some settings are changed that affect the operation.

Open AnyDVD and at the lower left corner of the status panel, click "defaults" and try that again.

Default settings log file attached - the disc has CSS/CPPM by the way.
Thanks

Attachments

6.2 KB · Views: 7
CSS is nothing special.

InCDsrv.exe

You still have Incd running.

1. Go into Windows Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services, and stop it. Then in startup options change it from Automatic to Disabled.

2. Put the disc in your drive. Allow Anydvd 10 minutes to scan the disc.

3. Create a new log .zip file. Your zip files are incomplete indicating read issues.

4. What country is this movie from?

5. What color is the bottom of the disc?

Don't have all this stuff running while you're creating .log files.

Go into Windows Task Manager if you have to and close all this stuff down.

PID: 1040: AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
PID: 1684: InCDsrv.exe
PID: 1496: NBService.exe (Nero Backit up)
PID: 1596: NBService.exe (really, you have this running twice for some reason)
PID: 1612: NBHRegInCDSrv.exe (more Incd crap)
PID: 1636: DVDLauncher.exe (Cyberlink)
PID: 1748: CloneCDTray.exe (close this as well; don't want anything affecting drive reading)
PID: 2752: iTunesHelper.exe
PID: 3048: UnlockerAssistant.exe
PID: 396: iPodService.exe
PID: 4304: CloneDVD2.exe (no; don't have Clonedvd running when creating log files)
PID: 4788: DiscSpeed.exe (how many programs do you have running that are accessing this disc?????)
PID: 5508: DISCInfo.exe (close this)

Hi
Everything you listed has been closed down. The DVD is British - by Optimum Releasing - The film is The Closet - Le Placard in French.The bottom of the disc is the usual silver colour. Putting the disc in to laptop dvd tray the red fox symbol only shows for a few seconds - the icon then shows the disc is loaded - On-1. I am not having any trouble with any other dvds at present with or without css/region protection. My dvd rw is new only a few months old having been replaced by Dell.
Many thanks
W

Attachments

6.1 KB · Views: 5
drvmcdb.sys
InCDRec.sys
InCDFs.sys

Urk, hopefully that stuff is disabled (despite still being loaded on your OS) . . .

Anyway, create an Anydvd log file using a disc that does work for you, please.

Edit: Also, download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Exit Anydvd. Select the tab labelled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". Tell us if Nero reports read errors.

Last edited:
Ran Nero speed and the dvd is OK. Re ran ImgBurn and the three filters do not show.
Attached is a log file from a working dvd.
Thanks
W

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_P8944DVD.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
There may be a weird authoring issue involving this disc. James will eventually look into this when he has time.

Webslinger - probably an unrelated problem - I am trying to copy WALL.E - AnyDVD seems to work OK and Clone DVD2 is OK with the disc until the creation of DVD files when it immediately tries to repair defective DVD structure - which it fails to do. Have also trying copying to hard disc using AnyDVD and get an error message MAP2

Webslinger - probably an unrelated problem - I am trying to copy WALL.E - AnyDVD seems to work OK and Clone DVD2 is OK with the disc until the creation of DVD files when it immediately tries to repair defective DVD structure - which it fails to do. Have also trying copying to hard disc using AnyDVD and get an error message MAP2

Is that the U.K. release as well?

Please provide an Anydvd log file.

I did manage to copy this using Nero Burning ROM but no luck with CloneDVD

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_WALLE_KOR.zip
    118 KB · Views: 8
Back