• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Witcher doesn't work for me

InTheFlow

Well, I still can't get this game to work. I'm using Win XP w SP 3. I've tried creating the Profile using both Tages as the profile type and The Witcher one. Neither work. I keep getting the insert proper disc error. I've also had the profile fix wizard re-read/analyze the profile. Each time it says complete but it still doesn't work.

Does anyone know if you have to let the entire intro movie play when you're testing/creating this profile? It is really long. :doh:

I've attached my profiler.log file.

Attachments

• Profiler.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 3
Using the profile manager plugin, can you please zip up the profile and post it here (if not too big).

Sure, here you go. Thanks for your help.:)

Attachments

• The Witcher.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 2
This is an export... I really need the original files to check over, so can you use the profile manager to zip the profile up (you can get this from the plugins section on the forum).

This is an export... I really need the original files to check over, so can you use the profile manager to zip the profile up (you can get this from the plugins section on the forum).

EDIT: Matthew, the file was too big so I sent you a PM with how to access it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the profile. We did manage to find the problem and have made some changes that I hope will fix your issue. Try v3.1.1.2 when released (over the next day or so).

Thanks for the update Matthew. 8)

When I re-create the profile after you release the next version, is it required that I let the opening movie play all the way through? Or, can I escape out once it starts playing?

Thanks for the update Matthew. 8)

When I re-create the profile after you release the next version, is it required that I let the opening movie play all the way through? Or, can I escape out once it starts playing?

Skipping the intro is fine.

Matthew -

I just tried the new version and get the same error. I tried both the built in profile 'The Witcher' & using generic tages profile. I've zipped up both of those profiles and am currently uploading them to the site.

The insert disk message comes up within seconds after the CD looking icon shows up by the mouse pointer.

When its done, I'll PM you with the details on accessing it.

EDIT: PM sent

Last edited:
Back