• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The slow death of "Coyote vs. Acme is sending Hollywood into an era of disposable content

whatever_gong82

Something that is concerning with me and should be for others when it pertains to original entertainment, mentioned here.

How very Byzantine, one of the biggest movie studio shelves one of its big releases that was already completed so it can get a tax write-off. And WB is rebuffing efforts by several streaming services to buy the movie.

How very Byzantine, one of the biggest movie studio shelves one of its big releases that was already completed so it can get a tax write-off. And WB is rebuffing efforts by several streaming services to buy the movie.
That's why I can't stand the current President and CEO of Warner Brothers Discovery, David Zaslav, with a glare of a thousand suns: He's not interested in art, he's only interested in taking a tax break/write-off.

:mad:

WB has always been looking to profits at the expense of creating entertainment. The saga of Babylon 5 the series is a good example, especially what transpired with the made for video DVD of "The Lost Tales." More than one set of Lost Tales were going to happen, but WB scuttled the deal even though the sales of the DVD made it a success with a nice tidy profit.

WB has always been looking to profits at the expense of creating entertainment. The saga of Babylon 5 the series is a good example, especially what transpired with the made for video DVD of "The Lost Tales." More than one set of Lost Tales were going to happen, but WB scuttled the deal even though the sales of the DVD made it a success with a nice tidy profit.
That's why I'm still using AnyDVD and now, AS Plus: just so jerks like the empty suit at WB Discovery won't take away anything just to make a buck.

The idiot doesn't realize that to make a true profit, you have to create something people like.

That's why WB lost acclaimed director Christopher Nolan recently: dumb stuff that suits like Zaslav putting tax write-offs/breaks over art.

:cry::banghead:

The history of studios looking at the bottom line instead of what people want is a long sordid story even when studios were run by a studio head instead of a corporate board room.

Nowadays the studios for the most part are all about pushing an agenda at the expense of profits.

I am particular what content I buy on disc and what I stream. Most of what passes for entertainment is not worth even a single view IMO.

Older movies and TV shows are more in my interests. The genre of the content is more flexible.

BTW, the less said about "The Road Home, " the better. 🤢

Regarding "Coyote vs. Acme".....

I am a very big fan of classic Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons, I have the six volume "Looney Tunes Golden Collections" on DVD, 4 DVDs each set. Supposedly unedited. And still there are more golden age cartoons that haven't been released. WB is "sitting on a gold mine" if they released them from the vault.

The newer content that uses Looney Tunes characters just doesn't work for me. Even if this movie were to see public release I doubt I'd watch it more than once.

None of the new content is made by any of the Termite Terrace people, so there is no understanding of who the characters are and what they will do.

Regarding "Coyote vs. Acme".....

I am a very big fan of classic Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons, I have the six volume "Looney Tunes Golden Collections" on DVD, 4 DVDs each set. Supposedly unedited. And still there are more golden age cartoons that haven't been released. WB is "sitting on a gold mine" if they released them from the vault.

The newer content that uses Looney Tunes characters just doesn't work for me. Even if this movie were to see public release I doubt I'd watch it more than once.

None of the new content is made by any of the Termite Terrace people, so there is no understanding of who the characters are and what they will do.
There are some Blu-ray versions of the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies that are available on Blu-ray via Amazon.

Here are some examples: This link, or this link, or this one, for starters.

How about this one from Tex Avery, who worked at Warner's before he went to MGM?

I've seen some of the Bluray editions, a friend had a couple he let me borrow to watch. More than a few of the cartoons are edited for content, or newer 'toons that aren't part of the classics done by the people at Termite Terrace.

Yeah, I'm picky. :Þ

I've seen some of the Bluray editions, a friend had a couple he let me borrow to watch. More than a few of the cartoons are edited for content, or newer 'toons that aren't part of the classics done by the people at Termite Terrace.

Yeah, I'm picky. :Þ
I thought that the ones that I selected weren't edited, since their is a disclaimer that these aren't just for kids, and some stuff might be objectionable nowadays, such as in the 6-DVD set that you own.

For goodness sakes, Tex Avery was as wild as they come, and I think that some of his wilder stuff, i.e. politically incorrect nowadays, have been shown on his 3 Blu-rays so far. I need to rewatch them, since I own all 3 that have been released so far.

It's been a number of years since I was buying Looney Tunes content, most of what was available was edited despite the disclaimer. Maybe I should start looking at the newer releases of the classics again. Thanks.

It's been a number of years since I was buying Looney Tunes content, most of what was available was edited despite the disclaimer. Maybe I should start looking at the newer releases of the classics again. Thanks.
Simply borrow the ones that your friend owns and just watch them.

As you're aware, the classic Warner Brothers Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies cartoons usually ran about 6-7 minutes on average. When you watch them, see if there is something noticeably missing, like a scene or reaction that should be there, but isn't.

The six volume set is a good and extensive intro to the classics. 24 DVDs total, with lots of special features of the history of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodie 'toons.

The friend and his collection are no longer available, sadly.

Right now my budget is geared to recovering from my purchases of AS and PDVD 22. I have to save up for a vet visit for my feline, and getting his vet prescription food. He eats only the dry kibble version of the food, and for a 17+ lb bag is over US$100. That doesn't include the tax. :mad::banghead:

Right now my budget is geared to recovering from my purchases of AS and PDVD 22. I have to save up for a vet visit for my feline, and getting his vet prescription food. He eats only the dry kibble version of the food, and for a 17+ lb bag is over US$100. That doesn't include the tax. :mad::banghead:
Cats are cool, even though I'm partial to dogs, and especially my late, beloved, golden retriever, who went over the rainbow bridge over 3 decades ago.

:cry:

Cats are cool, even though I'm partial to dogs, and especially my late, beloved, golden retriever, who went over the rainbow bridge over 3 decades ago.

:cry:
A dog wouldn't get the attention needed from me, being disabled, no walkies. Even my cat gets ignored some times.

DSCN0744.JPG

As far back as I can remember growing up the family has had one or more cats, along with an occasional dog.

Back