• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Sims 2 Apartment Life - Wrong Disk Inserted

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?4.1.0.2
2. What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? Windows 7 Pro 32 bit
3. What protection does your game use? ProtectionID kept crashing, I have read it uses SecuROM
4. What is the name of the game (including version) you're trying to run? The Sims 2 Apartment Life
5. Is it CD or DVD version? DVD
6. What optical drives (dvd-rom, cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? DVD Rom.
7. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. Microsoft Security Essentials
8. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
“Wrong disc inserted. Please insert the original “The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack” CD/DVD

I have read other posts and tried redoing the profile with nothing else running but nothing I am trying seems to work.

Attachments

• The Sims 2 Apartment Life.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Have you successfully profiles any other games?

I have the Sims 3 installed and that profile seems to be working. I just cant get The Sims 2 Apartment Life to work. It worked before I upgraded to Windows 7 and the newest beta. I am not sure what version I was using before.

I also have Carnival Cruise Lines Tycoon and Oregon Trail profiled and they work.

Last edited:
Thats usually what I do and its not working. I haven't tried it not using image mode because I was under the understanding that you needed to do it that way for games where you needed the disk.

Image mode is needed on games where they stream info from the disk.
Or, if regular profiling fails.

Try a regular profile.

Tried it without image mode and it worked. Still not exactly sure why since its always worked in the past but at least now I got the profile runnin. Thanks

Tried it without image mode and it worked. Still not exactly sure why since its always worked in the past but at least now I got the profile runnin. Thanks

Interesting... can you post the log file for the image mode profile? Obviously something has happened during the capture process.

There is nothing obvious in the log files.

Can you give me some info on your hardware?
Specifically the chipset used, the brand and model of the dvd drive etc.

In thinking about it, we did fix an image mode profile issue we introduced in the last beta. I would test with the rc1 (v4.1.0.3) when released (next 24 hours).

Lol thats ok, I originally didn't add it then added the file in like half an hour later than the original post.

BTW, random question....does game jackal not work if something like gameguard for MMORPG's is running? I was trying to leave that running in the background and actively play my game using this but it kept asking me about a picture file.

Sorry didn't see we had moved on to page 2 when I posted the last response. I will try that out...for now its working fine not in image mode. Like I said, I was confused because I had always done it that way before.

Lol thats ok, I originally didn't add it then added the file in like half an hour later than the original post.

BTW, random question....does game jackal not work if something like gameguard for MMORPG's is running? I was trying to leave that running in the background and actively play my game using this but it kept asking me about a picture file.

I'm not aware of any specific issue, is it the game asking about a picture file, or GJ?

GJ activates and then its a windows popup asking for it. I am assuming it is an issue with the two running because as soon as I shut down the other game everything loaded fine.

Back