• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Shack still being reported as protect

mediacowboy

As the title says I am trying to back up my copy of The Shack and it is still being reported as protect.

I see in the hd anydvd there was something pete had to fix but as this is a DVD I am posting here.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_H_THE_SHACK.ziplog
    318.1 KB · Views: 4
As the title says I am trying to back up my copy of The Shack and it is still being reported as protect.

I see in the hd anydvd there was something pete had to fix but as this is a DVD I am posting here.
Please exit AnyDVD and set your drive region code.

Thanks I will try that. Why is this a issue now? I have been using anydvd for years and never had to do that.

Still no luck.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_H_THE_SHACK.ziplog
    283.9 KB · Views: 9
Thanks I will try that. Why is this a issue now? I have been using anydvd for years and never had to do that.

Once in a blue moon AnyDVD cannot properly decrypt CSS keys with a mismatched drive region is why.
YOU just saw it - WE see it every week with someone or another.
-W

Thanks for all the help. I did some more digging and found this thread that actually seemed to fix my issue. I am currently in the process of getting my movie. I guess I should have add that I was also using Handbrake and that is the software showing that it was still protected.

Then you will also know that it is NOT copy protected but a 4year old issue inside handbrake that it can't navigate the DVD structure. Had you indeed said that from the start we probably could have solved this a long time ago. But the main thing is, the problem is solved. That's all that matters

Then you will also know that it is NOT copy protected but a 4year old issue inside handbrake that it can't navigate the DVD structure. Had you indeed said that from the start we probably could have solved this a long time ago. But the main thing is, the problem is solved. That's all that matters

This is the very first time I have EVER came across this issue. I have been using anydvd and handbrake for over 5 years now. I have any recommended this software to several of my friends and family. I am sorry about my bad luck on this one disc. As you said the issue is solved and I am up and running.

There's nothing to be sorry about :) You were lucky it didn't pop up earlier that's all. That issue exists within handbrake for over 4+ years. The unset region you had is a different one. That drive setting can affect dvd decryption, but is completely seperate from the handbrake failure. Even with a set region (or an uset where anydvd succesfully bruteforced the keys), the handbrake issue can still pop up. Now you just need to remember if it ever happens again, where to look. If you fail to remember we'll gladly remind you here on these forums, where to look.

Back