• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Game Jackal Server Does Not Appear To Be Running

kqmaverick

Today i tried to run Crysis (64-bit) for the first time since upgrading to the 4024 beta and whenever i try to launch the profile i get the following error after a minute or 2:

The Game Jackal server does not appear to be running. Please
contact support.
Timeout waiting for response

I have tried deleting and recreating the profile without any luck. I also have Crysis Warhead which is working perfectly the problem appears to be isolated to the original Crysis.

gjerror.jpg

Attachments

• Crysis.zip
    133.1 KB · Views: 3
We are working on a utility to try and track down these types of issues. Can you please post the server.gjlog file, located in the GJ\Logs folder.

hey @ all! i do have the same prob... since i tried to run the STALKER call of pripyat profile i get this error immediately: The Game Jackal server does not appear to be running. Please contact support. an exception was raised on the server. access violation at address 0053beb6 in module server.exe. read of address 00000000

any suggestion is welcome

hey @ all! i do have the same prob... since i tried to run the STALKER call of pripyat profile i get this error immediately: The Game Jackal server does not appear to be running. Please contact support. an exception was raised on the server. access violation at address 0053beb6 in module server.exe. read of address 00000000

any suggestion is welcome

Did you mess up with any configs in the services.msc console? GameJackal service should be on Startup Type "Automatic".

If things don't work for me, I do right-click and then "all Tasks" and then "restart".

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

The diagnostic tool is now complete and will be deployed in the next release. In the meantime we'll put up a beta version on the forum for some testing.

Did you mess up with any configs in the services.msc console? GameJackal service should be on Startup Type "Automatic".

If things don't work for me, I do right-click and then "all Tasks" and then "restart".

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

hi
and thanks for your hint. i tried it that way but sadly it did not work out. still the same error message. perhaps it has something to do with the newly installed router?

Same problem here

Trying out Game Jackal v4. Created a profile for Simcity 4 Rush Hour. Worked fine for a few minutes. Then started getting constant error: "Game Jackal Server does not appear to be running. Please contact support. An exception was raised on the server. List index out of bounds (0)"

Running Windows 7 64bit on a Sony Vaio Z 790 computer.

Would like to purchase the program while it's on sale but if its full of bugs, maybe I should hold off?

hi matthew!
I have read (your) the post. well to put it straight to the point: i definitely run the v4.0.2.6 version on my comp. however, the German version. After pressing the "tools" button i just get the following opportunities: create a new profile (automatic or manuel) import a profile, update game jackal and close game jackal.even the general setting do not help. I neither find the admin tools nor the Diagnostics tool.Are there such large differences between the German and the international versions?

No they are (or should be) the same. The options you are looking for are under the Windows start menu (i.e. start menu -> slysoft -> game jackal)

No they are (or should be) the same. The options you are looking for are under the Windows start menu (i.e. start menu -> slysoft -> game jackal)

oh..there we go..well anyway the diagnostic tool starts running but quits after a short while. and the "server-error" message pops up. do you want me to e-mail some kind of screenshot or something?

Back