• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Essential Clash

Well, all I can do is repeat what the guy in the other thread said. The balloon appears saying that AnyDVD is scanning, but the 'fox' icon in the tray stays translucent and never returns to the 'normal' (opaque) colour. And the DVD is never recognised by AnyDVD.

But... other programs can -play- the DVD just fine and DVDecrypter can rip it just fine as well so I'm pretty sure the DVD is, itself, in good shape.

---JC

Well, all I can do is repeat what the guy in the other thread said. The balloon appears saying that AnyDVD is scanning, but the 'fox' icon in the tray stays translucent and never returns to the 'normal' (opaque) colour. And the DVD is never recognised by AnyDVD.

1) How long are you waiting? With some dvds that contain structural protection and with slower systems, you may need to wait 10 minutes.

2) With a dvd that Anydvd does read, do the following:

• Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  • Put an original movie DVD in your drive. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  • Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  • Select "Create Logfile".
  • Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  • A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  • Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  • You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  • When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  • If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  • A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  • Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  • Click "upload".
  • Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Last edited:
also having problems with this title and AnyDVD HD-Blu Ray

In my case AnyDVD just runs endlessly scanning this disc. I have actually let in run overnight. You can initially hear the drive running but after awhile there is no longer any drive activity but the window with the fox and progress bar continues to run. Checking the program monitor window (ctrl + alt + del) show it 'running' so it isn't a 'not responding' issue.

This behavior is identical between both my drives on my PC. I can put in any other DVD and everything works fine. These is no visible damage, surface imperfections, or dirt on the disc. I borrowed two different copies of this title to test it and results are the same from each one. I have re-installed AnyDVD both simply re-installing it, uninstalling it, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting and then activating. It didn't help.

I cannot do a 'create logfile' because it never stops scanning and it won't do anything if I stop the scan and try it. :bang:

I've pretty well given up on this title but I have seen this happen before. It's rare but does happen.:mad:

EDIT: In the other posts/threads referenced in this one, I don't have any issue with the AnyDVD installation being corrupted or damaged after trying to make a back-up. Also, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Intel Core i7 3.3 GHz 6 core processor with 24 GB RAM, and 2 GeForce GTX 580 Fermi Black Ops video cards.

Disc Info: © 2005 Sony BMG Music Entertainment/Program © 2003 Sony BMG Music Enterainment (UK) LTD. NTSC Link to item: http://www.amazon.com/The-Clash-Essential/dp/B00009PJSX

Last edited:
Back