• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Blair Witch Project Bluray Region B can't rip if RC removing enabled

Manni

Hi there,

I tried to rip a bluray of TBWP Region B (UK) with my usual settings, ie remove region code enabled for bluray, with automatic region set to B (most of my blurays are bought in the UK).

The rip was not playable, it hang after the initial load.

So I tried to play the original, but I had the same issue.

Turns out it's one of these blurays which don't play if "remove video shorter than" is enabled, like Iron Man, Legend of The Guardians 3D, 13 assassins...

Anyway, if I disable the option, the original would only play if I set the player to region B (my player is usually set to region A). The remove region code of ADVD wouldn't work.

The rip (ISO) would only work if the remove region code option was disabled before the rip (and if the disable videos shorter than.. was disabled as well, like for the original).

I attach the log of the original bluray (W) and the initial rip (J) with remove region code enabled.
I also attach the log of the second rip, the one that works as long as the region code is left untouched.

Attachments

• Blairwitchproject_regionB.zip
    378.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Would you please post a log of drive W (physical drive/original disc) with region code removal turned off? Your zip has logs for drive J (VCD/rip) both ways, but drive W only with removal on. The drive W logs are the ones SlySoft needs...

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm away from home for a couple of weeks, but I can do this when I'm back around the end of the month should Slysoft need it. Let's see if they have enough with the existing logs in the meantime.

Just to say no need to spend time on this if I'm the only one having a problem, I ripped the bluray using another tool which removed the region code properly.

Back