• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

the application is unable to start correctly 0xc0000005 : AnyDVDTray.exe

mike_r

On starting up Windows 7 x64 AnyDVDTray.exe amongst others no longer worked. Removing and hiding KB2859537 resolved this for me.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...orrectly/bbb9c037-77b3-4fae-93b9-ded70f7f9a17
1. Disconnect from the internet

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Program & Features

4. Click "View installed updates" on the left-hand side

5. Find "Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB2859537)" under the Microsoft Windows section

6. Uninstall that update and restart you PC (may take a very-VERY long time to configure)

7. Go to Windows Updates and hide (KB2859537)

8. Reconnect to the internet

9. Fix your System Restore feature; You might have to remove a fake C: drive and enable System Restore on the correct Windows drive.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Service Pack 1.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Service Pack 1.

No I meant which Slysoft Anydvd version....but I will look into as I also have W7x64 Ult Sp1 and see if that KB2859537 is installed on my system.....

I am so grateful none of my Win 7 Home Premium machines (1 64-bit, 2 32-bit) seem to be affected. If it wasn't for this posting I would probably never have known there were problems with recent Windows updates.

I don't let Windows update itself for just this reason, botched updates. This isn't the first time MS has had to fix their fixes.

just FYI my vista x264 ult is running just fine too with that patch installed. Me neither on the auto-updates. I let it auto find me, but got it setup to notify me before dling.

BTW Drink, thanks for linking to those articles, there are links on those pages to other IT/tech articles that were very interesting, such as Why Microsoft .Net failed.

Cheers! :)

just FYI my vista x264 ult is running just fine too with that patch installed.

You are lucky. All PCs in the household (except 2 running Windows server 2012) were affected. The version of AnyDVD is not relevant here too, also MSIE & Firefox no longer were working. Actually, no 32 bit exes would start.

Unbelievable. It has happened again. This time KB2868623 and KB2872339 were installed.AnyDVD.jpg

AnyDVD.jpgUnbelievable. It has happened again. This time KB2868623 and KB2872339 were installed.

Uninistalling and hiding KB2872339 fixed this for me.

After the last few months I check out the information before installing updates now. I found it disturbingly humorous how KB2872339 was offered up to everyone but if you actually checked the information on it you saw just how possibly catastrophic it could be. I installed it after preparing things for the worst. I ran into no issues... yet.

A lot of people ran into issues with KB2810009 which is an Office update. It fails to install/update. Error code 80242009 which I had issues finding information for. Searching I found that I wasn't alone in that update failing to install and a nice 23 page listing of Windows Update error codes.

Code:
0x80242009	 -2145116151	 SUS_E_UH_BADHANDLERXML	 The XML contained in the handler specific data for the update is invalid

Keep up the awesome work and stellar QC, Microsoft.

Last edited:
Back