• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Thanks for the 'Firmware Updates' Sticky!!!

I'm using a Lite on SATA burner, and have had some playback issues with only a few DVD's recently.

More over, the last few days I've been doing a lot of burning, and the burn process kept failing with different errors (mostly stating bad media). I tried different burn speeds to no avail.

These failures were produced both with Nero and Clonedvd, so I booted from Win 7 into XP (dual-boot system).

Same thing happened in XP.

I religiously use Verbatim DVD's. I had recently purchased a new pack from NewEgg that I hadn't opened yet. I tried a few from that pack and they failed too.

I built my system about a year and a half ago, and bought the DVD drive from newegg at that time, but never updated the firmware.

I updated the firmware for the drive, then tried burning in XP and it worked great. So I rebooted back to WIN 7 and it too worked great. This is for the same files that would not burn before the firmware flash.

THANKS TO ALL FOR POSTING THE FIRMWARE STICKY. I was ready to buy a new drive, then I remembered reading that thread some time ago. It saved the day for me tonight.

Back