• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Test Drive Unlimited / SecuROM

Vacation

Hi,

I'm trying to run the game "Test Drive Unlimited". The game is using SecuROM.

When I try to run the game immediatly after installation (using the original DVD, no backup), it works. After I apply the final (official) game patch v1.66a, the game does not run anymore: A error message appears "A required security modul can not be activated. This program can not be started (5024)." This also happens while GameJackal is creating its profile.

If I use a crack, the game works, so it really is SecuROM's fault. I tried GameJackal (Trial), but the same message appears and the game doesn't start.

Can GameJackal help me any further or do I have to keep using the crack?

Regards

Hi,

I'm trying to run the game "Test Drive Unlimited". The game is using SecuROM.

When I try to run the game immediatly after installation (using the original DVD, no backup), it works. After I apply the final (official) game patch v1.66a, the game does not run anymore: A error message appears "A required security modul can not be activated. This program can not be started (5024)." This also happens while GameJackal is creating its profile.

If I use a crack, the game works, so it really is SecuROM's fault. I tried GameJackal (Trial), but the same message appears and the game doesn't start.

Can GameJackal help me any further or do I have to keep using the crack?

Regards

If the games does not work with the disc, it will not work with GJ.

If the games does not work with the disc, it will not work with GJ.
What about this: Without the (official) patch, it did work with the disk. Can I create a profile from the unpatched retail version, then apply the patch, and still have the game working? Is this worth trying or should I not even bother?

The DRM check can't very well have changed with the patch, because the disc can't change. If the patched game queries the SecuROM modules in a different way, would that invalidate the GameJackal profile created with the original version?

Regards

Last edited:
Back