• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Terribly bad bitrate (Netflix)

vikingár

Downloaded UFO (German title: "Die UFO Verschwörung").
Alas, it's available in 960x540 pixels only which is normally no problem for me (I use a small Panasonic plasma TV, which handles low resolutions quite good.).
After the download I was wondering about the small file size which was only about 190MB.
I checked the bit rate with MediaInfo: 291kb/s – I've never seen such a low bit rate on Netflix.
The video is full of artefacts and not viewable – maybe it is better on a tube TV (alas, all scrapped).

Anyone else noticed this with other videos?

I currently don't have NF, but it doesn't surprise me to hear this. NF was pretty low when I used it.

Downloaded UFO (German title: "Die UFO Verschwörung").
Alas, it's available in 960x540 pixels only which is normally no problem for me (I use a small Panasonic plasma TV, which handles low resolutions quite good.).
After the download I was wondering about the small file size which was only about 190MB.
I checked the bit rate with MediaInfo: 291kb/s – I've never seen such a low bit rate on Netflix.
The video is full of artefacts and not viewable – maybe it is better on a tube TV (alas, all scrapped).

Anyone else noticed this with other videos?

hahahaha, finally. another victim. of NF cockery. a few months back i stumbled upon a movie, and then an episode of a tv show with 400kbps bitrate. havent checked afterwards, but i presume its a mistake on NFs part and eventually it will be corrected. interestingly, in all my AS-isng ive never had such weird cases with MAX or HULU. AP did it also just once with the movie 2012 (1000kbps IIRC). effing NF. im about to ditch it for good. maybe sub once or twice a year to download what i want, but since it is NF and within a season you get a 550mb episode next to a 2300mb episode... i cant remember the last time i downloaded anything from NF, apart from ccartoons for the little ones. i probably have never downloaded a movie from NF. anyways... heres tom with the weather..

Interestingly enough: I've downloaded newer publications (like The Killer, Reptile,...) which are available in higher resolutions (720p, 1080p) and the bitrates vary between 1700kb/s and 8000kb/s(!).

a possible solution would be to be able to choose between main and high profile, since the main profile has a higher bit rate and the high profile a lower one, besides, I think AS uses the high profile and that's why the bit rate is very low. It would be useful to add the option to change profiles so that each user can choose how to download.

NF is BY FAR the platform with the crappiest encoding, bitrates and HEVC availability (only the in house productions, of course).

But, I don't think AS or SF are be able to get the best quality regardless, WEB-DL from the scene usually has higher bitrates, so I guess there are other keys for higher bitrates. Or they are trying to shell re-encondings as WEB-DL. I don't know for sure.

NF is BY FAR the platform with the crappiest encoding, bitrates and HEVC availability (only the in house productions, of course).

But, I don't think AS or SF are be able to get the best quality regardless, WEB-DL from the scene usually has higher bitrates, so I guess there are other keys for higher bitrates. Or they are trying to shell re-encondings as WEB-DL. I don't know for sure.

yeah, ive seen linux... cough... distro scene... cough... releases that match what one can get with AS, and then far superior releases of the same thing. im guessing linux... cough... hackers... cough... might have access to higher tier encodes, but thats just a guess.

SF gets the main linux distro, not sure if it he higest quality version, buts its often comparable to other linux main sources.

Back