• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Terminator Salvation

MichaelPine

Ok so just got back from a holiday and someone bought me Terminator Salvation. But refuses to play, I have installed latest version.

Insert Disc, fires up and I get main menu, if I choose, PLay Movie, Theatrical or Extended version and select no Movie IQ, just refuses to go past that point and movie will not play, all of the Titles except for Title6 are enabled and the Chapters are disabled as well and It does not work if I try to select a different scene either.

Please post an AnyDVD log file. How are you trying to play back? I assume software player straight from disc (not an .m2ts file). Which player, version and build. Does the disk play without AnyDVD running?

Thanks for the reply, I must admit I have not seen anything like this before, it is very strange. With or Without AnyDVD I get the same thing, so I am not even sure if it is related to AnyDVD, I am going to try and get someone else to try the Blu-ray disc on a PS3 or another Blu Ray player and see if the same thing happens.

I am using Corel Win DVD for Blu-ray playback Build (9.0 DXA B14.091), Windows 7 32 bit. Have attached the Log file from ANyDVD.

cheers
Michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.2.3_Info_D_TERMINATOR_SALVATION.zip
    329.4 KB · Views: 7
I can't see any problems in your logfile.

I'd say that you need to try an alternative software player (Arcsoft TMT platinum).

I tried to rip this using the latest anydvd fw. No remuxing. The file properties showed 47gb file. But it would actually stop playing at 13 minutes with the time bar showing it had reached the end of the file .

Has anyone else had this result and if so how did you get around it ? Thanks.

Are you referring to the Blu-ray, if so no single file on the disc is that big, and as it uses seamless branching you either have to remux it into a movie only or play it as a full disc structure

Thanks for the reply, I must admit I have not seen anything like this before, it is very strange. With or Without AnyDVD I get the same thing, so I am not even sure if it is related to AnyDVD, I am going to try and get someone else to try the Blu-ray disc on a PS3 or another Blu Ray player and see if the same thing happens.

I am using Corel Win DVD for Blu-ray playback Build (9.0 DXA B14.091), Windows 7 32 bit. Have attached the Log file from ANyDVD.

cheers
Michael

The fact that it does it without AnyDVD HD running means it's most likely the playback software

Are you referring to the Blu-ray, if so no single file on the disc is that big, and as it uses seamless branching you either have to remux it into a movie only or play it as a full disc structure

Yes the BD rip. Actually I was trying to play it on my WDTV live player and having the problem. I just tried playing the file back on my laptop with virtual clone drive and Corel WinDVD- it played OK up to a point but half way thru skipping chapters it stopped and said media not supported.:confused:

I checked for WinDVD updates and it said there are no updates at this time.

EDIT: I just tried with WinDVD again and I was able to play beyond the half way glitch above.

Perhaps you could tell me, I tried remuxing the BD the first time around, the result was that I got the full HD movie but at times this was intercut with video and audio commentary-

BTW, when I opened tsmuxer and added 000632 mpls, it said :

"Some tracks not recognised, this track ignored filename : G: BDMV playlist 000632.

Please help.

Last edited:
Try using Clown BD instead

Thanks, unf Norton says there is a 'threat found' and prevented me downloading. I presume ClownBD is safe or you wouldn't ne suggesting it . I will try to allow it.
Not having success with that.

When I open the folder there is also a folder named AFTEN and one called BDSup2Sub, (as well a tsmuxer). Which one do I need, which one is BDClown ?

Last edited:
Yes the BD rip. Actually I was trying to play it on my WDTV live player and having the problem. I just tried playing the file back on my laptop with virtual clone drive and Corel WinDVD- it played OK up to a point but half way thru skipping chapters it stopped and said media not supported.:confused:

I checked for WinDVD updates and it said there are no updates at this time.

EDIT: I just tried with WinDVD again and I was able to play beyond the half way glitch above.

Perhaps you could tell me, I tried remuxing the BD the first time around, the result was that I got the full HD movie but at times this was intercut with video and audio commentary-

BTW, when I opened tsmuxer and added 000632 mpls, it said :

"Some tracks not recognised, this track ignored filename : G: BDMV playlist 000632.

Please help.

Next time I upgrade software it WILL NOT be a Corel product, total sh!t in terms of support, they release and version and basically just DON'T support it. Freakin criminal.

Ok corel came on my vaio laptop unf. It does seem to play terminator salvation ok.

The problem I am having is that the anydvd HD rip iso is not playing properly on my western digital player. I have made 4 other bd movie iso rips that play fine on it.

When I play it on my wdtv, it plays only a 13min clip which is from the middle of the movie, where he says where did you get that coat. Very frustrating. Is there a fix for this , I am not blaming anydvd Either the fault is elsewhere.

It's because of the seamless branching. Terminator Salvation, like Sherlock Holmes, has the Maximum Movie Mode. This happens with other movies that have two cuts (rated and unrated) on the same disc (Jennifer's Body).

It's because of the seamless branching. Terminator Salvation, like Sherlock Holmes, has the Maximum Movie Mode. This happens with other movies that have two cuts (rated and unrated) on the same disc (Jennifer's Body).

Ok. So is the remedy bdbuilder ?

Ok corel came on my vaio laptop unf. It does seem to play terminator salvation ok.

The problem I am having is that the anydvd HD rip iso is not playing properly on my western digital player. I have made 4 other bd movie iso rips that play fine on it.

When I play it on my wdtv, it plays only a 13min clip which is from the middle of the movie, where he says where did you get that coat. Very frustrating. Is there a fix for this , I am not blaming anydvd Either the fault is elsewhere.

What version of "crapel", sorry corel are you using ? Version and build number ?

Sorry to hear that.

Well it turns out tsmuxer alone is sufficient to merge into one iso for seamless branched bd discs. I was selecting the mpls that was for video commentary (632) , the one without, or at least one of the ones without was 00002 mpls. That worked fine and now I am a happy camper again. I have learnt that selecting the correct mpls is crucial and bdinfo can help with that although I hadn't realised the importance of that till now. Someone told me the correct mpls.

Last edited:
Is there a way to use AnyDVD to rip a bluray with Maximum Movie Mode and be able to play back this special feature? I have tried in both Terminator Salvation and Sherlock Holmes and both rips (iso) have the same issue of not playing this back on my current Power DVD software. I can always pull the disc out for this but it seems stupid to keep them handy just for this one thing.

Is there a way to use AnyDVD to rip a bluray with Maximum Movie Mode and be able to play back this special feature? I have tried in both Terminator Salvation and Sherlock Holmes and both rips (iso) have the same issue of not playing this back on my current Power DVD software. I can always pull the disc out for this but it seems stupid to keep them handy just for this one thing.

See this previous post. That post even contains a link to the specific playlist to use for Sherlock Holmes "Maximum Movie" mode.

For Terminator Salvation, you can just use BDInfo to identify the correct playlist.

Back