• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

terminator salvation , main w/clown_bd

jhkilroy

I rip video to hdd using anydvdhd
I then use clown bd to pull the main movie.
the output I get has both the movie and the making of the movie in it.

I read you can tell clown bd what video to pull but where ? the first screen just has + and - but that just shows the hierarchy the next screen just has the one output listed and checked. I cant seem to find where to pull only the movie.

Can someone tell me where in clown bd to minus out the other video it seems to be pulling... is it the first screen the second ...?

Should I rip video to hdd or rip to image (iso) in anydvdhd for long term backup? I was hoping to keep my backups on the hdd and later play them on a wdlive or popcorn hour type box.... not sure if those devices know how to handle a iso file...

Or should I just make mkv ? is that something to use in conjunction with anydvdhd ?

Thanks

It's not an AnyDVD issue, so you shouldn't post here.

You don't need to rip to hard drive 1st. I don't recall Terminator Salvation as being problematic.

I suspect that you are using the wrong playlist,. Can you please post your logfiles from Clown_BD and some screenshots of the 3rd screen so that you can get some more tips.

happened to me on the first time I ripped the disk too. Use the second play list not the first. I have found when faced with two similar looking playlists try selecting the shortest one first.

On the first screen "+/-" select the second one down. Yes you can select it. Just click on the line which is basically a ####+####+####+####. This is how you select which stream to use. The second screen selects what to pull out of that stream.

happened to me on the first time I ripped the disk too. Use the second play list not the first. I have found when faced with two similar looking playlists try selecting the shortest one first.

On the first screen "+/-" select the second one down. Yes you can select it. Just click on the line which is basically a ####+####+####+####. This is how you select which stream to use. The second screen selects what to pull out of that stream.

Thanks , I'll try it again. The first screen shows me the 2 video files but I just seemed unable to deselect the others ... I ended up using dvdfab because I could see the video before the rip and found the right one... clown bd's first screen just doesnt seem to have selectable stuff.. I thought it was just an info screen... I will try again. Thanks for the reply !

Ditto that I used DVDFAB BD to BD too to burn the main movie to BD media:rock:, After ripping TERMINATOR SALVATION to my hard drive using AnyDVD/HD.

No need to waste money on DVD Fab, Clown BD did this film for me perfectly

No need to waste money on DVD Fab, Clown BD did this film for me perfectly

I tried over and over with clownbd and it always picked the wrong movie , it picked the video with the how they made the movie embedded in it... I could not figure out how to pull the other.... I understand its the first screen but I couldn't seem to tell it what to do.

go to imdb and search for the movie. find the movie time length from IMDB.

pick the stream that matches the IMDB time.

Depends on which version but the Theatrical version movie is 114 minutes, the Directors cut movie is 117 minutes.

Last edited:
go to imdb and search for the movie. find the movie time length from IMDB.

pick the stream that matches the IMDB time.

No go mate

What to resize with.. the disc has the movie spread over many small .m2ts files as does Hancock and to make matters worse Term.Salv. has the order randomised!

AnyDVD rips it fine to HD but what can you use to make a H264 of it around 5Gb?

I have used Handbrake on the Mac for regular DVD's works great. I heard that Clown-BD or ToNMT UI can sort the file order from the playlist and join the .m2ts files. I downloaded both pieces of software but I think I need a step by step breakdown on specifically how to use it ... the software doesn't have a obvious clean UI for this.

Anylinks and a simple step by step instruction would be appreciated ... yes I have googled.

Try looking in the first sticky on this 'High definition' forum

What to resize with.. the disc has the movie spread over many small .m2ts files as does Hancock and to make matters worse Term.Salv. has the order randomised!

Anylinks and a simple step by step instruction would be appreciated ... yes I have googled.

Do a bit more reading. It's been discussed many, many, many times on this forum as well.

Use the .mpls instead of the .m2ts.

As Adbear suggested, Clown BD is a great tool, but if you don't understand what's actually being done behind the scenes, any GUI can be useless without some actual operational knowledge of what's being accomplished.

For some step by step directions you can see a post I made from yesterday.

I was able to use ripbot264 and was successful in creating the file. I have had great luck with version 1.16.1. I also use wondershare ultimate if the 23 fps cause an issue. So far great luck...

Back