• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Taiyo Yuden Dye References

Clarity3

I have been searching, here in the UK, for Taiyo Yuden +R and -R discs and have found a few sources.

Some of the discs advertised are shown with a Dye Reference whilst others not. I have also seen Taiyo Yuden manufacture advertised under a different label.

The dye references shown are TYG02 & 03, TY02 & 03, Yuden0044 and R47ZZ. Please can you tell me whether any of these references are preferable and whether Taiyo Yuden manufacture sold under the DataSafe label is an acceptable alternative.

The dye references shown are TYG02 & 03, TY02 & 03, Yuden0044 and R47ZZ.

Those aren't "dye references". They're media codes.

That's not a media code or anything other than an item code. It's Taiyo Yuden 16X DVD-R Media 4.7GB Silver Thermal Lacquer

Yuden0044

I have no clue what that is, but it's not a valid media code

TYG02 = dvd-r 8x
TYG03 = dvd-r 16x

TY02 is nothing; it's supposed to be written as YUDEN000 T02, which is dvd+R 8x

TY03 is nothing; it's supposed to be written as YUDEN000 T03, which is dvd+R 16x

Please can you tell me whether any of these references are preferable

I prefer YUDEN000-T02 (not valuline, not trublu). If you end up buying dvd-rs instead, ensure they're "premium".
The 8x TYs suffer from less bonding issues (and possibly other defects) on average than the 16x TYs.

I prefer dvd+r due to being able to change the booktype to "dvd-rom".

whether Taiyo Yuden manufacture sold under the DataSafe label is an acceptable alternative.

Some say those are genuine Taiyo Yudens. I have no idea if that's true. The thing is there are a lot of fake Taiyo Yudens being sold under various labels.

Last edited:
Thank you. Sorry if the content of the question was mostly mislleading however, the suppliers describe these codes as Dye references. Clearly they are not that well informed.

I will keep looking but so far, I cannot see the same codes as you show them.

Thank you. Sorry if the content of the question was mostly mislleading however, the suppliers describe these codes as Dye references. Clearly they are not that well informed.

I will keep looking but so far, I cannot see the same codes as you show them.

Well, I'm pretty sure the "TY02" you listed is what I would recommend. Those are likely Taiyo Yuden dvd+r 8x

whether Taiyo Yuden manufacture sold under the DataSafe label is an acceptable alternative.

I've purchased the Datasafe ones from here before. I don't think they're fake taiyo yuden disks but I don't think the quality is as good as Taiyo Yuden branded disks. The Datasafe ones show the correct dye code and everything, but they didn't have the same feel as taiyo yudens.

I usually buy these taiyo yudens but as the datasafe ones were half the price I thought I'd give them a go.

I had problems with Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 8X when I switched to 16x TYG03 my problems went away. I only burn at 8x. Also DO NOT BUY THE VALUE LINE TAIYO YUDEN's.

Not exactly a reply, but more a question

I see many references to Tanyo Yudan DVD+r media. I live in the U.S. and would like to know where to find them? Thanks!

Tanyo Yudan information

Thank you for the info on where to get these blanks.

Back