• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

System Tray Icon Missing

MEvanLindsay

In one of my updates the AnyDVD fox icon went away from the system tray. The program still works but I am not able to select between "rip video dvd to hard drive" and "rip to image file" with the right click on the icon. How do I get it to reappear? Autostart and Enable AnyDVD are checked. Thanks.

In one of my updates the AnyDVD fox icon went away from the system tray. The program still works but I am not able to select between "rip video dvd to hard drive" and "rip to image file" with the right click on the icon. How do I get it to reappear? Autostart and Enable AnyDVD are checked. Thanks.

If you're using Vista, then click this.

If you have Zonealarm on your system, ensure Anydvd is being given permission to access the trusted zone.
Similarly if you have a firewall, antivirus or spyware program--ensure it's not blocking Anydvd from running.
Provided you downloaded Anydvd from Slysoft's website, Anydvd is a safe program (you have nothing
to be paranoid about).

If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
Anydvd from installing properly.

linx05 says Teatimer enabled on Spybot can cause problems during installation: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36804&postcount=5

1. Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

When my system (Win XP MCE 2005 SP3) is started up, I always log in as the Admin and then exit via the Switch User facility. I have 6 other users that can log in and use the computer for homework, email or whatever. Usually there are 2-3 people "logged in" but not active at any given time.

What I noticed on my system is that the Fox icon ONLY appears on the Admin login. The Fox icon does NOT appear on any other logins (which are NON-ADMIN for obvious reasons) thus the ripping options are not available to them (nor do they care since they never use that program anyhow).

Do you think this might be an Admin login vs. non-Admin login issue?

@ttocsmij
It might be better to start a New Thread, instead of replying to a 32 month old post.

When my system (Win XP MCE 2005 SP3) is started up, I always log in as the Admin and then exit via the Switch User facility. I have 6 other users that can log in and use the computer for homework, email or whatever. Usually there are 2-3 people "logged in" but not active at any given time.

What I noticed on my system is that the Fox icon ONLY appears on the Admin login. The Fox icon does NOT appear on any other logins (which are NON-ADMIN for obvious reasons) thus the ripping options are not available to them (nor do they care since they never use that program anyhow).

Do you think this might be an Admin login vs. non-Admin login issue?

This is by design. Exit AnyDVD before you switch users (AnyDVD can run only once a computer).

Back