Suggestions on a 4K player that doesn't detect cinavia via USB

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by Jeff53404, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Jeff53404

Jeff53404 Well-Known Member

I would be interested in knowing available ways to determine if cinavia is detected through the USB port on current models. 4K movies would be played via the original disc so I'm interested in BR movies.

I can think of one way. Find a BR and if Bert says it has Cinavia, go to a brick and mortar store and try one or more players using mkv. I would rather not modify the firmware. In looking at manuals, all I can see is that Cinavia technology is used on this player.

If this isn't the easiest way, I'm up for suggestions.

2. Jeff53404

It just occurred to me that I could use the AnyDVDHD/CloneBD cinavia fix. Never have tried it before so it will be an interesting solution.

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That would probably be most of them. Just avoid Sony, them being one of the main backers, their players probably detect it every way they can.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  4. Jeff53404

Just to clarify, most 4K players do not detect cinavia through the usb (and I avoid Sony like the plague).

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    whatever_gong82 likes this.
  5. Ch3vr0n

The cinavia fix does come at a cost to the audio. If you find one that doesn't do it, Theevrije you don't need to use the fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

6. Jeff53404

I was looking for a place to select the cinavia fix in CloneBD and I couldn't find in in MKV settings. I did find it in partial/complete copy. Am I missing something?

7. Ch3vr0n

There is no specific one. You need to downscale (all) audio, and when you have the remove setting active in AnyDVD, AnyDVD will then apply the fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk