• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Strange problem with Swordfish R2

M

mitsgouts

I have this DVD in my collection a long time ago. It plays with no problem in my stand alone DVD Player ( Pioneer DV600), but today when i tried to make a copy for my father, both rip methods failed!!!

What is your opinion about this DVD?

The DVD is clean and with no scratches, so the read errors in logfile are strange for me too...

P.S. I have made a copy of the same DVD, with an older version of AnyDVD about a year ago with no problem

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.2.0_Info_A_SWORDFISH.ziplog
    120.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
I have this DVD in my collection a long time ago. It plays with no problem in my stand alone DVD Player ( Pioneer DV600), but today when i tried to make a copy for my father, both rip methods failed!!!

What is your opinion about this DVD?

The DVD is clean and with no scratches, so the read errors in logfile are strange for me too...

P.S. I have made a copy of the same DVD, with an older version of AnyDVD about a year ago with no problem

There are read errors while processing this DVD. You might want to try and clean the DVD with a clean cloth. This DVD might be going bad/defective.

There are read errors while processing this DVD. You might want to try and clean the DVD with a clean cloth. This DVD might be going bad/defective.

The DVD is clean as crystal. Yes i know that are read errors. But how i copied the same DVD with an older version, about a year ago?
The DVD is destroyed by itself???

It's quite possible. DVD's and Blu-rays degrade over time

So why buy originals? To drop our money to studios???

From now, i will download movies to save my money!!!

Don't be hasty in making quick decisions.

Let the developers have a chance to view the log file. As I mentioned, I saw some read errors in the file, and that the disc could be defective. But I also noticed that the decryption showed problems about "Greek" language. So I am not sure if the problem have anything to do with it. For now, I would try to clean the DVD...because over time, a film residue build-up develops on DVD's especially if it is just stored, and untouched. Try cleaning it... sometimes I used a dish washing liquid, gently washing it with my finger tips .. rinse in warm water...and gently wipe with a clean cloth. I don't know what causes the film residue that builds up on DVD's surface, but proper care for DVD's will last a long time. I prefer using Dawn liquid detergent because it's strong enough to remove grease/oil.

Please do not put your DVD in a dishwasher LOL :disagree:

Don't be hasty in making quick decisions.

Let the developers have a chance to view the log file. As I mentioned, I saw some read errors in the file, and that the disc could be defective. But I also noticed that the decryption showed problems about "Greek" language. So I am not sure if the problem have anything to do with it. For now, I would try to clean the DVD...because over time, a film residue build-up develops on DVD's especially if it is just stored, and untouched. Try cleaning it... sometimes I used a dish washing liquid, gently washing it with my finger tips .. rinse in warm water...and gently wipe with a clean cloth. I don't know what causes the film residue that builds up on DVD's surface, but proper care for DVD's will last a long time. I prefer using Dawn liquid detergent because it's strong enough to remove grease/oil.

Please do not put your DVD in a dishwasher LOL :disagree:

Ok, I will try it :)

I open the DVD with CloneDVD2 but i can't the main movie...

This isn't normal i guess...

Attachments

• Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg
    Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 20
It isn't, meaning there's likely a decryption issue preventing the title from being accessible by CloneDVD. You did well in providing the logfile, a dev will get back to you on this. It may need a new anydvd version or it will be handled by an OPD update. Please wait for James or Pete to respond.

It isn't, meaning there's likely a decryption issue preventing the title from being accessible by CloneDVD. You did well in providing the logfile, a dev will get back to you on this. It may need a new anydvd version or it will be handled by an OPD update. Please wait for James or Pete to respond.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I will wait :) But can i ask, what is OPD? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks for the reply. I will wait :) But can i ask, what is OPD? :D
Online Protection Database, which is listed in the AnyDVD section entitled "Program Settings".

The setting (when enabled) is used to speed up the copy protection removal of known discs (DVD and Blu-ray) that AnyDVD has previously removed the encryption for.

Actually it is used for speeding up decryption of discs the installed anydvd HASN'T decrypted before. That's exactly why it goes faster, instead of having to find out itself, the OPD tells it what to do. That info is then copied to the local database anydvd has on the PC, which is then accessed the next time the user inserts that disc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Online Protection Database, which is listed in the AnyDVD section entitled "Program Settings".

The setting (when enabled) is used to speed up the copy protection removal of known discs (DVD and Blu-ray) that AnyDVD has previously removed the encryption for.

Actually it is used for speeding up decryption of discs the installed anydvd HASN'T decrypted before. That's exactly why it goes faster, instead of having to find out itself, the OPD tells it what to do. That info is then copied to the local database anydvd has on the PC, which is then accessed the next time the user inserts that disc.

Thanks guys for the replies :)

Thanks Ch3vr0n for the clarification on the OPD.

Thanks guys for the replies :)

You're welcome.

:)

Back