• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stolen credit card spam

Pelvis Popcan

If you've logged in at the right times in the past week or so, you've probably seen spam postings advertising stolen credit card info.

I just found it interesting that this spam stopped after Wednesday, which happens to be right after the arrest of someone who spent a lot of time posting stolen credit card spam on web forums. :)

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/World/Story/STIStory_565242.html

Aug 12, 2010
Credit card fraud man nabbed

WASHINGTON - A MAN the United States deems one of the worst offenders among sellers of stolen financial data was arrested in Nice, France, the Justice Department announced on Wednesday.

Vladislav Horohorin, 27, of Moscow and a dual Israeli and Ukrainian national, was arrested Saturday in Nice on a US warrant as he prepared to board a flight to Moscow, the department said. He was indicted by a US federal grand jury in Nov 2009 on charges of access device fraud and aggravated identity theft. If convicted on all counts, he could face 12 years in prison and fines of US$500,000 (S$682,300).

The United States believes the suspect is one of the founders of CarderPlanet, a criminal Internet forum on which stolen credit card data are sold.

'The network created by the founders of CarderPlanet, including Vladislav Horohorin, remains one of the most sophisticated organisations of online financial criminals in the world,' said US Secret Service Assistant Director for Investigations Michael Merritt.

'This network has been repeatedly linked to nearly every major intrusion of financial information reported to the international law enforcement community,' Merritt added.

Using an alias 'BadB' the suspect advertised the availability of stolen credit card data on web forums, and to make payments through Internet financial services including 'Webmoney,' an online currency service hosted in Russia, the Justice department said. If convicted on all counts, he could face 12 years in prison and fines of US$500,000 (S$682,300). -- AFP.

Just thought it was interesting. :)

The occasional spam postings on this site is nothing compared to another forum I have visited from time to time.
I use an add-on for Internet Explorer 7 called IE7pro (it blocks images and ads and does other useful stuff too).
They have an un-moderated support forum. To me it looks like some sort of computer is doing the spamming on thier forums - there's a new posting every few mins.
It's shocking - there's currently a total of 5643 pages of mostly spam.

Back