• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stephen king's THE STAND................

litlbit2001

No matter what my friend tries, she can't seem to back it up. It has the mini series on on disc. Side A and Side B.
Here's the info she gets from anyDVD:
Side A:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.6)
COMPAQ DVD-ROM SR-8583 A50A PM07/27/98
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2083120 sectors (4068 MBytes)
Total size: 4144569 sectors (8094 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_STAND_SIDE_A
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Side B
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.6)
COMPAQ DVD-ROM SR-8583 A50A PM07/27/98
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084208 sectors (4070 MBytes)
Total size: 4145857 sectors (8097 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_STAND_SIDE_B
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

She even tried to rip to the harddrive using anyDVD and when she is going to burn it it says it's too big.
She did tell me that there are two main titles

Title 1: 21 chapters
Title 2: 23 chapters

She even tried to select both of them and burn it, but it seems to be missing chapter 23 when played. she is using the most recent versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. She also tried ShrinkDVD and you can't select full back up. She even tried using the re-author function and selected both movie titles and tried that. It burned the movie fine with cloneDVD, until she tried to play it and it wouldn't play very well and the last chapter 23 is missing from side A. (She only tried side A.) It tells you to turn the disc over to play the rest of the movie.

Do you think it's just a bad disc?

She wants to make backups, because she likes to put her originals away to keep them scratch free.

Last edited:
She even tried to rip to the harddrive using anyDVD and when she is going to burn it it says it's too big.

Yeah, of course. It needs to be compressed in order to fit on a single layer blank.

She even tried to select both of them and burn it, but it seems to be missing chapter 23 when played. she is using the most recent versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Click "clone dvd" from the main menu in Clonedvd. Ensure preserve menus is selected. She needs to make two backups. One for side A and one for Side B.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.5.6: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6456.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.9: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2919.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) Do this for both sides of the disc:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I think you miss read what I wrote.

Ok I'm not sure if you get what she was trying to say so I made a screencap of what comes up on CloneDVD. She only tried to back up SIDE A, not side B.
here is the snapeshot.
Image1-4.gif

she has the most recent versions of anyDVD and cloneDVD so that's not the problem. as you can see on the screencap there are two main titles for side A. If you want the screencap of side B let me know. She already knows that she needs two discs for each side. When she selects the whole movie it does NOT go to the beginning. So which movie title for side A should she select and if she does just do the movie do you have to click the menu preserve?

Last edited:
Ok I'm not sure if you get what she was trying to say so I made a screencap of what comes up on CloneDVD. She only tried to back up SIDE A, not side B.

Then she will only get side A.

So which movie title for side A should she select

I don't know. Probably both. However, if you're unsure play the original disc on your computer using Powerdvd or another movie playback program. Then manually select title 1, and then manually select title 2. If there's no discernible difference, then you need both. Also check the preview tab in Clonedvd. That's what it's there for.

and if she does just do the movie do you have to click the menu preserve?

When you're having problems like this, then yes, I would.

I have this in my collection, this is a 4 episode miniseries. Side A title 1 is episode 1 and title 2 is episode 2 on side B title 1 is episode 3 and so it goes.
If you try to get both episodes from each side on one SL DVD they will be compressed more than 50%. I recommend putting one episode on each SL DVD there will be no compression at all. Make a 4 disk set.

OK thanks for letting me know I'll tell her. I guess she can do that. She doesn't mind having four disks as long as she can keep her original movie scratch free. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated! She's gonna do that.

Back