• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

startup

dbh4

is it really necessary to run anydvd at computer startup or can it be opened/closed as needed after booting?

You can do that if you wish but be warned if you forget to run anydvd to be running and put in a disc with rootkits on it then you will wish it was on all the time. It take little to no resources to allow it to run.

whats rootkits?

I notice ,like dvd43, you cant run imgburn with anydvd loaded.

am currently trying out clonedvd2/anydvd. have been using 1click/dvd43.

so far clone/anydvd looks better.

whats rootkits?

I notice ,like dvd43, you cant run imgburn with anydvd loaded.

No. You can run imgburn with Anydvd loaded. Anydvd is only going to affect verfication after burns.

However, having dvd43 and Anydvd installed at the same time is bad news (for most people).

am currently trying out clonedvd2/anydvd. have been using 1click/dvd43.

so far clone/anydvd looks better.

Using Clonedvd helps to ensure compatibility with Anydvd.

However, you can also use 1-Click with Anydvd.

You should click the "default" button in Anydvd--and disable CPRx in 1-Click.

Or you should disable "Copy protection based on unreadable sectors" in Anydvd and enable CPRx in 1-Click.

One or the other--but not both.

Last edited:
Been a While

Where have I been. I did not know 1-Click was around anymore. I remember back in Jan. 2006 when I used it, it was OK The problem was you have to pay for renew every year. and direct support was not all that good. Anydvd or AnydvdHd is the best program for the money. And with the Double discount days at SlySoft! Save twice like in the good old days: get lifetime free updates for the price of a 2-year subscription and take advantage of an additional 20% discount can not be beat.

imgburn hungup yesterday after id installed anydvd.
in fact, anydvd came up with its buy/try msg when i ran it.
seems to run ok today

i googled rootkits to see what charlie was talking about. probably this? from wikipedia:

In 2005, Sony BMG caused a scandal by including rootkit software on music CDs that, in an attempt to enforce DRM,[2] opened a backdoor that allowed root access to anyone aware of the rootkit's installation.[3] The scandal raised the public's awareness of rootkits, while the public relations fallout for Sony was compared by one analyst to the Tylenol scare.

imgburn hungup yesterday after id installed anydvd.

Imgburn and Anydvd are working perfectly fine for me on three different computers.

i googled rootkits to see what charlie was talking about. probably this? from wikipedia:

In 2005, Sony BMG caused a scandal by including rootkit software on music CDs that, in an attempt to enforce DRM,[2] opened a backdoor that allowed root access to anyone aware of the rootkit's installation.[3] The scandal raised the public's awareness of rootkits, while the public relations fallout for Sony was compared by one analyst to the Tylenol scare.

Yes . . . keep in mind that not all rootkits are bad. But some programs autorun when a disc is inserted--and some of those programs are nasty. Anydvd helps to block autorun on dvd-videos.

You can do that if you wish but be warned if you forget to run anydvd to be running and put in a disc with rootkits on it then you will wish it was on all the time. It take little to no resources to allow it to run.

The problem I have with this statement is that it implies that the way to run Windows is with autorun enabled and AnyDVD on autostart.

Autorun should NEVER be enabled, for ANY reason.

Im not trying to hijack, just looking for verification on what Webslinger said;

I have also used imageburn, but usually just for making backups of PS2 games. I know if I do not exit AnyDVD, I get a warning saying that there may be icompatability issues if I run imageburn and leave AnyDVD on, so lately I exit AnyDVD before I start imageburn.

Webslinger, are you saying that the message about incompatability can be ignored?

Webslinger, are you saying that the message about incompatability can be ignored?

You can't ignore the warning if you're checking for verification after burning. Otherwise, you can ignore the warning.

that msg is the reason i posted in the 1st place. i used to see it every time i ran imgburn with dvd43 loaded.

the curious thing is i have not seen it with anydvd loaded (dvd43 is uninstalled).

the 1st time i ran imgburn after installing anydvd/clonedvd2 (trial version) the try/buy box for anydvd popped up & imgburn locked up. since then however it appears to run ok, tho i haven't actually tried burning anything with it, just fire it up to see if it will run, i think i did do a full format on one disk with it.

in any case it isnt that big a deal to exit/restart anydvd.

the curious thing is i have not seen it with anydvd loaded (dvd43 is uninstalled).

Start ImgBurn, and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order

Do you see a dvd43 entry still listed? If so, it's not uninstalled properly.
Highlight the entry if it's still listed. Click "Remove selected filter". Reboot

yeah, id already checked that. currently have redbook, anydvd, imapi as filters.

i had filter problems on my old computer a while back (used to have roxio on it) so i try & keep close watch on whats there.

re imgburn, it sounds like your saying theres a probem if you burn with imgburn & then verify the burn while anydvd is loaded? i havent tried burning anything with imgburn with anydvd loaded yet.

re imgburn, it sounds like your saying theres a probem if you burn with imgburn

No problem burning

& then verify the burn while anydvd is loaded

Yes, there's a potential problem here. If you have anydvd running while verifying, the verification process may fail due to having Anydvd running in the background. The burn may be perfectly fine, but the verification process may still fail if Anydvd is running in the background.

Back