• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Star Wars: Force Awakens decryption issue

Odai Koukash

Hello,

I recently purchased a copy of the new Force Awakens blu-ray, but am having issues ripping the contents to my PC using Slysoft AnyDVD HD.

I get a message saying something about a license being revoked - logfile is attached.

Unfortunately when I tried to install the 7.6.9.0 version of AnyDVD HD and used the trial, I simply got another error message involving an issue with connecting to the OPD.

Is there any way to get this title to rip with the version of AnyDVD HD I have installed (the last version available before my license expired)?

Thanks

Odai.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.4.0_Info_E_THE_FORCE_AWAKENS.zip
    148.4 KB · Views: 16
Your current version is way to old to decrypt new discs, it's from 2012. If you don't have a valid license then you will have to wait until they become available again as trial versions can't connect to the online database which it would need to do with such a new disc.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the tip.

Any idea how long until the products are available again? Had a look on the order page and there is a notice stating 8-10 days, but I have no idea how long that page has been up.

It is supposed to be by the end of the month, you will just have to wait to rip it since you have the disc.

Your license isn't revoked, it's the drives hardware key. Due to your severely outdated anydvd, the protection sees it's an 'emulated key' or something and revoked it. Your anydvd license itself is unaffected. If you still have a valid license, just update to the latest release, and set your drive hardware region while you're at it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Your license isn't revoked, it's the drives hardware key. Due to your severely outdated anydvd, the protection sees it's an 'emulated key' or something and revoked it. Your anydvd license itself is unaffected. If you still have a valid license, just update to the latest release, and set your drive hardware region while you're at it.

I assumed he didn't have a lifetime licence. Was I wrong?

In this case yes, the logfile clearly states 'host certificate revoked, please update anydvd'. The host certificate has to do with the drive and decryption, it's completely unrelated to the anydvd license. The anydvd license registers the software, bit if you don't update the software, then at some point the aacs used on the disc will see the 'old/fake' aacs decryption key by anydvd and will revoke it and this refuse decryption. Host certificate and anydvd licence key are 2 completely different things.

Thanks guys. As my license expired 4 years ago I guess I will simply have to wait until the store is back online.

Having said that, does the current (latest) version decrypt this new title OK? So if I hadn't been running a trial license, 7.6.9.0 would have worked fine?

It decrypted mine just fine, but there's no way to know for sure. Movies come in dozens of versions, some may be supported, others may not be. But that's nothing an anydvd logfile wouldn't fix. You're not running a trial license, your registered version is to old to work with that disc. A trial version would error out with a different error

Sorry, I was referring to my attempt to use the trial version of 7.6.9.0 - which resulted in the OPD error. The certificate revocation error was the one that happened with the old but licensed version of AnyDVD HD (the one I provided a log file for).

I do hope that whatever redfox come out with it is able to continue the awesome work the Slysoft team did for us. Really don't know what I'd do without this software, never would have started using blu-ray if it wasn't for AnyDVD!

Trial versions aren't allowed to access the OPD for business reasons, that an unrelated issue.

Thanks guys. As my license expired 4 years ago I guess I will simply have to wait until the store is back online.

Having said that, does the current (latest) version decrypt this new title OK? So if I hadn't been running a trial license, 7.6.9.0 would have worked fine?
7.6.9.0 probably not, because the SlySoft OPD is gone. But RedFox AnyDVD 7.6.9.1 or better will work just fine, of course.

Trial versions aren't allowed to access the OPD for business reasons, that an unrelated issue.
And the SlySoft OPD is no longer operational.

Just to double check, is there a trial version of any AnyDVD HD release published by RedFox, or is the defunct Slysoft software (which doesn't seem to be able to decrypt the new Star Wars film) the only option for a trial?

No, Yes.

OK, thanks.

This is probably a long shot too, but if I were to purchase a new license and let it expire after a year, would the software still have access to the new OPD? I am assuming the OPD system and software updates are two separate things.

Yes, but discs that are released after your expiration date could fail to decrypt if a license validity check is used. OPD and software updates are separate systems, but they could be and/or are linked in a way.

I have no idea, what you are referring to.

What effect will that have on people currently using the trial version?
What trial? SlySoft trial? As I said "Old AnyDVD versions might die a slow death". With StarWars (Fox? BD+?) death came early. I don't believe "Force Awakens" was released before 7.6.9.0, so this is just the way it is.

Will an interim solution be offered until purchase is possible?
No. Either you have an AnyDVD license (lucky you!) or, well, it's over at the moment. People whining "but we paid... honor us". We do. You can still use the program, can't you?

Back