• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed and Ipad 3

rak69

Why does it take so much longer to burn a mobile file in Clonedvd mobile then with just Clonedvd? And when will there be support for the new Ipad 3 I know it just came out and don't expect it right away just some idea as to when?

I have been using you products for awhile and love them please keep up the good work.

Why does it take so much longer to burn a mobile file in Clonedvd mobile then with just Clonedvd? And when will there be support for the new Ipad 3 I know it just came out and don't expect it right away just some idea as to when?

I have been using you products for awhile and love them please keep up the good work.

There's a massive difference between transcoding/compressing MPEG-2 to MPEG-2 while leaving audio untouched as with CloneDVD and transcoding MPEG-2 to another video format (ie AVC in the case of the iPad and and the mp4 container). It takes time and more processing power.

I'm sure someone can manually create an iPad3 profile for CloneDVD mobile. All it takes is knowing the specs needed and creating a profile.

New profile? What for?

Apple would be really crazy not to support existing video material for iPad"x" models for the ipad3. I've looked around and I do not see any signs that the present profiles for ipad in Mobile will not work on this device.

Looks to me that normal DVD >> M4V / MP4 conversions will work fine.

http://www.iphoneheat.com/2012/03/ipad-3-specs/

MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels

It looks to me to be another "emperor's new clothes" as far as the converted file goes. There are lots of new bells and whistles sure but I don't see anything waving red flags at CloneDVD mobile. For those that want to see their device name I can ask Fernando to add it to the list and then just spring to the standard ipad"x" profile.

In fact, what we will be doing in a future CloneDVD mobile release is show the iPad entry as "iPad(all).

Last edited:
Retina Display

While I understand your want to simply things, the iPhone 4/4S and iPad 3 have greater resolutions than the previous models. To me, that would constitute a different entry for those devices to take advantage of it. Yes, it can play the movies well that were generated for the older models, but I'd rather be able to utilize the Retina display.

While I understand your want to simply things, the iPhone 4/4S and iPad 3 have greater resolutions than the previous models. To me, that would constitute a different entry for those devices to take advantage of it. Yes, it can play the movies well that were generated for the older models, but I'd rather be able to utilize the Retina display.

I agree...

heh?

MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Looks pretty standard to me. When we have a clone product that will handle up to 1080 we'll handle that too but at the moment looks like nothing to get excited about.

iPAD not iPHONE

-W (just sayin')

Something special

Using your link, it clearly shows the 4S as having 960x640 resolution. Not sure where you got 640x480 from. The display for the iPad 3 is 2048x1536.

Using your link, it clearly shows the 4S as having 960x640 resolution. Not sure where you got 640x480 from. The display for the iPad 3 is 2048x1536.

Check further down the page in the TV and Video section, video formats supported:

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Then what you really need to do to take advantage of the screen is get a Blu-ray version of the film and find a convertor for that otherwise you're just trying to upsample a DVD to full HD and it'll look either blocky as hell or very soft.
or try using the setting for Apple TV which will give you 1280x720 and see if that will play although it may not as it appears the devices are supposed to only support mpeg-4 up to 640x480, the higher res sizes are apparently h264 at level 4.1 which CloneDVD doesn't do.

Last edited:
Instead of only going for the DVD conversion which you quoted, why not convert a blu-ray so it can utilize the higher resolution and better formats listed?

Back