• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony BDP-SX80 cinavia-free?

dj wurst

Does anyone know up to which firmware the sony BDP-S380, BDP-S480, BDP-S580, BDP-S680, BDP-S780 are cinavia-free?

Hard to believe ANY of those newer Sony Blu-ray players are Cinavia free.

But these Sony Blu-ray players are Cinavia free with the latest firmware updates.

BDP-S270 firmware mo3.R.794
BDP-S560 firmware version 14

Even with the latest Firmware? Or only up to firmware xx.yy?

Factory firmware and newer. Any player listed above, newer than Feb 2012 with any firmware version.

And, by a surface look at the part numbers, they all appear to be newer than Feb 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Factory firmware and newer. Any player listed above, newer than Feb 2012 with any firmware version.

And, by a surface look at the part numbers, they all appear to be newer than Feb 2012.

Sorry, asking again, but I have a problem understanding. Do you mean NONE of them ist cinavia free?

Thanx for your help. :)

That is correct. Any new licensed player that was licensed AFTER Feb 1st 2012 is forced by the bluray standard to detect cinavia or risk losing the license. However that does not mean any "new" player. If you buy a "new" player but it was first licensed and manufactured before that date it does not qualify for mandatory cinavia detection.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Does anyone know up to which firmware the sony BDP-S380, BDP-S480, BDP-S580, BDP-S680, BDP-S780 are cinavia-free?

I'm trying to track down firmware M06.R.0579 for the BDP-S380, which I believe is the last firmware for this player that is cinavia free. I believe M07.R.0579 is the last cinavia free firmware for the BDP-S580.

Is there any "chatter" about halting this Cinavia Detection that is required for new players?

No, not unless the BDA (Blu-ray disc alliance) wants it so. And that's not likely to happen as Sony (main backer behind cinavia is part of the BDA). They'd have to revert the Blu-ray standard wherein cinavia detection has been adopted and made mandatory.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

No, not unless the BDA (Blu-ray disc alliance) wants it so. And that's not likely to happen as Sony (main backer behind cinavia is part of the BDA). They'd have to revert the Blu-ray standard wherein cinavia detection has been adopted and made mandatory.

I hope Sony and the BDA rot in hell...

I'm trying to track down firmware M06.R.0579 for the BDP-S380, which I believe is the last firmware for this player that is cinavia free. I believe M07.R.0579 is the last cinavia free firmware for the BDP-S580.
I know that this thread had its start a couple of years ago, but there have been postings in the last couple of weeks that I can personally comment on.
I have a Sony BDP S-580 BD player in my home theatre system. It came out of the box with F/W level M07 R0 624.
This level of F/W enabled the BDP S-580 to detect that the Cinavia audio signal was absent from my BD copies of discs that originally had the audio watermark.
Downgrading the F/W in the player to F/W level M07 R0 600, turned off the players ability to detect that the audio signal was missing on BD copies.

Link to Sony F/W files:
http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/HAV/BDP/FW

Link to utility to downgrade F/W in player:
http://www.malcolmstagg.com/bdp-s390-downgrade.html

These links were sussed out by other members of this forum, not me, so use at your own risk.
This action solved my personal Cinavia problem on my Sony BDP S-580 player; I hope it is helpful to you.
Art

It's not 'absense' of the signal they detect. It's the PRESENCE of the signal and if encryption is present.

Signal present+encryption intact (retail disc): playback allowed
Signal present+encryption removed (backup disc): playback not allowed and sound gets muted

The firmware downgrade simply removes the players ability to detect it as the needed hardware doesn't get 'activated'.

This has nothing to do with your Sony, But there the one that pushed this Cinavia, I bought on the cheap a Panasonic DMP-BDT110 mint for 70USD in the box with 2011FW just because it was mentioned to me. I'm a Oppo guy, So i purchased a mint Oppo 95 for 400USD also. I have a Oppo 205 and it's great. But i have to use methods with that to deter cinavia. The other two cinavia free. The thing with Oppo what most people don't know is the player can be 15 years old and shot and for 99.99USD Oppo will bring it back to full working order except for cosmetics and pay the return shipping. So i just spent about 500USD on 2 more players and that's it. The Oppo 205 plays UHD BR but i'm not impressed. I had the Oppo 93 but let it go years ago. I think around 6-7 years.

@Badnews if you have the 110 you can safely upgrade to fw 1.92 which was released in april 2014! there's been lots of versions since the 2011 one. The 1.92 one doesn't trigger it. Why? Even though its a 2014 firmware the player was licensed in 2010/2011. Well before cinavia became mandatory and finalised. It simply doesn't have the needed hardware to detect it.

Code:
http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/bd/download/bdt110/bdt110_euro.html

I will do that thanks, The sticker on the rear reads June 2011. The original owner never upgraded it. I'll use it for another room. The Oppo 95 that can never have it either. I just couldn't pass it up for 400USD but it cost me 56USD to have it shipped from Hawaii

I'm not in europe, That FW will fly for US model?

I looked further on that link...It offered North America FW also in a EXE format for 192... Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. different model. Below the US link. Highly recommended as it applies numerous playback improvement fixes & other stuff

Code:
http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/bd/download/bdt110/bdt110_na.html

It's not 'absense' of the signal they detect. It's the PRESENCE of the signal and if encryption is present.

Signal present+encryption intact (retail disc): playback allowed
Signal present+encryption removed (backup disc): playback not allowed and sound gets muted

My understanding of the Cinavia process was flawed.
I always thought that the audio watermark wasn't reproduced faithfully,(or not at all), on the copy, which then caused the playback device to trigger.
Your explanation of the process casts light on my murky thought processes.
Thanks
Art

It's a complicated thing cinavia. Many call it a copy protection, something it's not. Copy protections are designed to stop you from making a copy (CSS, aacs, BD+,...). Cinavia is an audio DRM (digital rights management), it doesn't stop you from making the copy at all. It stops full playback of the copy if played in a cinavia detecting player.

Completely different mechanic.

Back