• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some ISO Can't Play on PowerDVD9 V1530

I think this TrueHD bug was what made my brain click and say hey, maybe I should try that bisstreemin' thing all the kids are talking about these days.

Yea, well, I miss bitstreaming. My Xonar has died so I'm back on the ATI.

Yea, well, I miss bitstreaming. My Xonar has died so I'm back on the ATI.

Did you send your card back SamuriHL? I sent mine back in for the 24bit bios fix. I have no faith in PowerDVD 9 also. I could care less that they are working on this or that. All I see is them working hard to defeat slysoft, so much so, that their product is buggy as you have stated. I will stick to TMT 3 and my xonar. I know this bitstreams, and I can hear the difference. The Dark Knight difference in sound was very noticable.

I really wish cyberlink would release a good product. Hell I would love it it played on my Windows home server. Not having the ability to play training videos really sucks for me. But the stuff windows home server brings, far outweighs this limitation. For now, powerDVD just sits collecting dust on my hard drive.

I also have the onkyo 605, before the damn 606 came out. I am waiting for prices to come down a tad more for their 876 model. I love the upscaling possibilities. The write ups give it a lot of good reviews.

Last edited:
I put in for an RMA with the company I ordered it from. Waiting to hear back from them. I just want a brand new one as there's no way this should have died that fast. Windows still recognizes the card but no video at all. I tried moving the card. I tried changing the cables. Nada. Very disappointing. So I'm stuck with the ATI for now which isn't all bad. I do like bitstreaming though only for the fact that the software decoders can't screw with my sound.

As for PDVD...I use 7. That's all I intend to use. 8 disappoints me. 9 is a disaster so I returned it. I wish Cyberlink would get their head in the game but it's just not happening.

Samuri, I hear you've got WinDVD 9 installed. Somebody at AVS got me kind of intrigued about it, how is that working out for you? There was a deal some days ago with which you could get it for $40 or so.

It came with my Sony laptop, yes. I've never used it to watch a movie. Ever. :) That should tell you how I feel about it. I use it to do spot testing on certain discs that are causing problems, but, other than that, I don't touch it. I'd rather use PowerDVD 7 than WinDVD. And I think everyone knows by now of my preference for TMT2/3 over all else. But I also recognize that doesn't work for everyone so that kinda sucks.

As for your wonderful collection of ISOs on an HTPC, what makes you think I don't have that with my set up? :) I also get bitstreamed audio to my Onkyo 606. It's also not ideal or even remotely perfect, but, it plays all my discs from either ISO or folder and bitstreams the audio. I can't really complain. And this isn't a theoretical "in the future" kind of thing. It's something I'm enjoying right now. And there's no Cyberlink software involved in that process at all.
May I ask you how and what you are using to achieve this? I think I have a ideal but would like you to put me in the right direction.Thanks

Mark

May I ask you how and what you are using to achieve this? I think I have a ideal but would like you to put me in the right direction.Thanks

Mark

You should already know and probably do but I'll confirm it for you. :) I'm using TMT3 with a Xonar. Well, I was, until the Xonar died on me. :( Until I get that straightened out I'm back on the ATI 4850. Nonetheless, TMT3 allows me to play all my ISOs back with bitstreamed audio using the Xonar. Not the greatest thing in the world but it does work well and disallows the software decoder to mess with the audio.

I was about to try the madFLAC codec by madhshi,something like that.
Use the tsmuxer,along with a few other tools to change the DTS HD to Flac lose less.Quite a few are doing so over at doom9.I still have some file mode movies that I did not delete after making the iso's,like Twilite,Transporter 3, couple others.I hope it works.I have not tried reclock,I live in US and do not watch Pal movies,but lately it seems like something is missing in explosions and stuff.I don't know how to explain it except just something is not right.I to have the Onkyo 606 now,if DTS master audio is sent to the reciever,then on the display it will say DTS-MA,not just DTS,and this is what is shown coming from PDVD 8,hdmi/pass through.It's a bit aggravating lately.MPC works pretty good sometimes,you got to figure it everytime.Sometimes I use the PDVD 7.3 H264, and vc-1 as a external filter with a high merit when ffdshow craps out or judders.This could go on forever,:D so I better stop hear.I'm gonna try the flac thing,see how it works.

Mark

I went for simplicity. Make ISO, mount ISO, play ISO. Done. :) No more downsampling crap and I don't need to convert the audio into some other format to play it with full quality. With TMT2 or 3 you can open from folders, too. It makes it rather nice to test movies you're making into a movie only copy before making the ISO. I just wish my Xonar didn't die on me. Still waiting to hear from either ASUS or the company I bought it from.

Bummer!

I went for simplicity. Make ISO, mount ISO, play ISO. Done. :) No more downsampling crap and I don't need to convert the audio into some other format to play it with full quality. With TMT2 or 3 you can open from folders, too. It makes it rather nice to test movies you're making into a movie only copy before making the ISO. I just wish my Xonar didn't die on me. Still waiting to hear from either ASUS or the company I bought it from.

Well hopefully you will get it fixed,I have never tried TMT,any of them.I did go to the page that the new sound card by Auzentek was at.There was a link a couple post back.It looks kool,I would have to take out the VMC tuner that came with my pc (Vixs pure TV-ntsc/atsc combo)It's not all that anyway.Analog tv on a pc is the pits :mad:,it is the only place for the 1x.The other one is taken up by the Ati HD4850 video card.You know,it takes up 2 places.The flac convert really isn't that hard or take that long,just demux with tsmuxer,keep the same video,just re-do the audio and put it back together, :doh:It didn't work the first time, :D but I know what I did wrong.Back to the drawing board!

Mark

The auzentech vaporcard has to actually be RELEASED before it's of any value. And then it only works for bitstreaming with PDVD 9. I asked about 8 support. I think it's unlikely. TMT3 has a trial you could try.

People always say that converting to FLAC doesn't take long, but when you take the time it takes for each disc including demuxing and remuxing you're looking at a minimum of 30 mins each, then multiply that by 300+ discs it works out to be a lot of time. Also then I can't write that back to a BD-R or re to lend to friends who want to watch it using a standalone player

Yea, and it's converted. Sure it may sound great but I want the original streams in all their glory. I'm sure it works great, but, it's not the method I choose to follow.

People always say that converting to FLAC doesn't take long, but when you take the time it takes for each disc including demuxing and remuxing you're looking at a minimum of 30 mins each, then multiply that by 300+ discs it works out to be a lot of time. Also then I can't write that back to a BD-R or re to lend to friends who want to watch it using a standalone player

Yes that would be quite long,I wasn't talking about everyone doing this I was just talking about me doing a few to see how it was.

Mark

SamuriHL,people complain about TMT a lot but it seems to work pretty good for you? Right?Another ? is,does the ATI HD4850 cards do anything to the audio before sending it out, like down convert or anything?It seems I have read that you to have a HD4850,or it might have been James,not sure.

Mark

I have an ATI 4850, yes. The ATI card doesn't do anything to the audio. It's the player that does so. When you choose to use LPCM over HDMI, the software player of your choice decodes the audio and then for stupid reasons downsamples it from 48/24 to 48/16, for example. It's a slight loss in quality but still not horrible. Personally I only use TMT2/3 these days. When my Xonar gets back to me (shipping it out later today) I'll go back to using 3. I'm using TMT2 build 130 right now for various reasons with the ATI card. TMT3 has a trial so I recommend before laying down any cash that you give it a try. Also note the trial can't do any Dolby codecs due to a licensing problem, so, stick to DTS movies to test with.

I am off work today,I think I will try it.I still have the Punisher in file form and it is DTS.Sometimes I like to play around with MPC, using different external filters and setting merit.You can use the PDVD 7 H264/avc filter as well as the vc-1 for video.When watching a H264 coded movie,the PDVD filter is better than the built in filter or even ffdshow's,the movie will have less noise in the background colors.AC3 filter 1.51a is the only audio filter other than ffdshow's that I have found to work pretty good.I have it set to send out pcm 24 bit,48000.It also does 640,but only 5.1 (3.2.1+sw) I have to say that when watching this way,sometimes it will sound better than PDVD 8 (HDMI-ac3 pass through) louder,cleaner but the PQ with PDVD 8's picture is better.I always have a great picture,even sd movies look good with some adjustments on my Sammy LN46A650.When using the 120hz feature you will get some judder on slow moving scan from left to right (or vise verse)I have to keep this off or on "low" to correct it.It only does it coming from pc,blu-ray player, not a Playstation 3.Probably has something to do with 24hz being converted to 60hz from player or video card and then being multiplied to come out evenly for 120hz from the TV processor.I never had this happen with my cheaper older LG 47LC7DF HDTV.ATI reported the max refresh rate at 85hz,weird for a 60hz TV,huh?

Mark

It also states that the audio output is now 48/24 on my films, I have to see if I can find one that has higher audio to check if it goes higher, any suggestions?

PowerDVD 9 definately isn't running at 48/24. If you take a BD disc with a 5.1 LPCM track, like "No country for Old men" listed at 48/24 and play it on powerdvd 9 with the 1531 patch. Check the information tab as you play. You will see the audio bitrate listed at 4,608 kbps, which is 48 kHz *16bit * 6 channels. So it is clearly still downsampling to 16 bit. Good to have discs with uncompressed audio tracks on them for a quick check, as the actual bitrate for Dolby True HD and DTS Master tracks are variable.

As for the True HD bug, I have had it happen where it maps to only two speakers. It seems to occur in discs which load the TrueHD track by default, such as "Iron Man". However, selecting a different audio track, and then switching back to the TrueHD track appears to resolve the problem.

Also, it is worth noting, that in windows Vista 64bit, my Onkyo TX-SR605 displays whatever the default audio format for windows is regardless of the audio being played. If i click on the properties of my ATI HDMI device, and set the default audio to 96/24, then my AVR displays 96/24 LPCM. However, when I start PowerDVD 9 through VMC and play a blu-ray disc as LPCM decoded by PowerDVD, the AVR still displays 96/24 even though the audio is definately not at that sampling rate. Not sure what is causing this issue. If I switch PowerDVD 9 to "passthrough" and play a dolby digital track or DTS, the AVC will display those correctly. Perhaps something to do with my dual monitor setup?

Last edited:
Back