• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some Blu-Rays Rip in Different Language

Kyler

So I am on my last day of the 21 day trail for AnyDVD and I am experimenting with ripping some of my BluRay's so I can have them stored on the computer. The first movie I did was "The Prestige" and it ripped in about 20 mins, looks great and sounds fantastic! I was impressed. Then I tired other movies like "Limitless" and "Project X" both of which ripped in about 20 mins but also ripped in either Spanish or some other language.

I went into the settings on AnyDVD and made sure the region code was set to 1 (USA, where I am located) but it stilled ripped in a different language. The player to play the file had no option to change the language to English either. I tried looking stuff up and couldn't really find anything online about ripping movies (my guess is Google doesn't want people ripping movies), so I came here to see if I can get some answers.

TLDR: I'm trying to rip movies from DVD/BluRay and it keeps ripping in different languages, how do I rip in English.

Thanks in advance!

So I am on my last day of the 21 day trail for AnyDVD and I am experimenting with ripping some of my BluRay's so I can have them stored on the computer. The first movie I did was "The Prestige" and it ripped in about 20 mins, looks great and sounds fantastic! I was impressed. Then I tired other movies like "Limitless" and "Project X" both of which ripped in about 20 mins but also ripped in either Spanish or some other language.

I went into the settings on AnyDVD and made sure the region code was set to 1 (USA, where I am located) but it stilled ripped in a different language. The player to play the file had no option to change the language to English either. I tried looking stuff up and couldn't really find anything online about ripping movies (my guess is Google doesn't want people ripping movies), so I came here to see if I can get some answers.

TLDR: I'm trying to rip movies from DVD/BluRay and it keeps ripping in different languages, how do I rip in English.

Thanks in advance!

If you are just using the AnyDVD HD ripper to rip the movies to either BDMV folder structure or .iso file, AnyDVD HD does not alter any Audio. AnyDVD HD Rips all audio streams that exist on the disk. It is up to your player to decide which audio track to choose. Most players have options to choose language. Not sure which player you are using that does not have this option.

If you are just using the AnyDVD HD ripper to rip the movies to either BDMV folder structure or .iso file, AnyDVD HD does not alter any Audio. AnyDVD HD Rips all audio streams that exist on the disk. It is up to your player to decide which audio track to choose. Most players have options to choose language. Not sure which player you are using that does not have this option.
Okay that makes sense now. I've continued my experimenting and found out that if I make an ISO of the movie instead of copying the files, the program to play that movie with default it back to English. I will continue making ISO files of the movies.

Thanks!

Okay that makes sense now. I've continued my experimenting and found out that if I make an ISO of the movie instead of copying the files, the program to play that movie with default it back to English. I will continue making ISO files of the movies.

Thanks!

Ok. That seems to suggest that the player treats the folder rip and .iso rip differently. It should not. Glad you found a workaround for the player issue.

if u use right klick on the movie and than audio, there you can select the language you want or use tsmuxer to muxe the only languages you want and set the language you want to primary

Back