• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

some black screens with rips

Avgatzeblouz

Hi everybody,

I'm having the following issue : with some bd rips on my hard drive, the blu-ray never starts : I have a black screen, and even by pressing next or fast forward, I have no timeline, nothing. This happened to me with Die Hard, Pinocchio, and Fantastic Mr Fox. I tried to create ISOs and mount them with daemon tools : same deal. I tried on another computer : same deal. I tried with powerdvd 10 : same deal. Once I had the message on die hard that my player wasn't up-to-date to read the blu-ray, like if I had a machine with an old firmware ! When I try to play the M2ts of those rips, most of the time it has digital artifacts on TMT3 platinum, and it is jerky on powerdvd.

Any ideas ?

It's not an AnyDVD HD issue it's something on your system causing issues. Post a logfile please

This can sometimes happen if you activate "Remove PUOP" or "Remove Annoying Adverts & Trailers" in AnyDVD HD.

Best approach is to only remove encryption (and region code and BD-live) first and see if it works. If okay, then you can try removing PUOP and then Adverts, but they are likely to give problems on some titles as the author may use them for navigation.

Never had it happen for either of those options. Removal of PUOP's makes no difference as all it does is remove the restriction so all button options are available so even if it were used for navigation it would make no difference as the original options are still there.
It also wouldn't explain why the m2ts plays back corrupt in PDVD and TMT3.
Logfile and system specs would help

This can sometimes happen if you activate "Remove PUOP" or "Remove Annoying Adverts & Trailers" in AnyDVD HD.
No, this should never happen because of these options. Do you know titles which exhibit problems with these options?

In fact, the black screen is just the video being jerky. After some minutes, the rip plays, but very jerky. It happened to me with slumdog millionaire and Die hard. It does it with Total media theatre, powerdvd 10, VLC, and MPC HC just quits. Quite weird !

No, this should never happen because of these options. Do you know titles which exhibit problems with these options?

Well, in my system, "remove annoying adverts and trailers" is tied to "Disable BD-Live" - I can't remove the adverts and trailers without the Disable BD-Live checking off on its own...I ran into the Terminator 2:Skynet Edition problem because of this - I had originally ripped with with those two checked off, like I do for nearly everything - the screen in TMT3 1.85 was black, with no functional user controls...I re-ripped with these options unchecked, and the title played correctly

Well, in my system, "remove annoying adverts and trailers" is tied to "Disable BD-Live" - I can't remove the adverts and trailers without the Disable BD-Live checking off on its own...I ran into the Terminator 2:Skynet Edition problem because of this - I had originally ripped with with those two checked off, like I do for nearly everything - the screen in TMT3 1.85 was black, with no functional user controls...I re-ripped with these options unchecked, and the title played correctly

This is not the same issue

This is not the same issue

Right, but when James mentioned "removing annoying adverts and trailers" should never be an issue, is indirectly is if it automatically disables BD-LIVE as well, which then does lead to the issues like in T2/Skynet.

It's 2 for 1 when you click that box....unless I'm doing something wrong...

That's still not the same issue, the other guy was having files that played as black, whereas yours just stops when it hits the JAVA. Try changing your BD-Java setting in TMT

That's still not the same issue, the other guy was having files that played as black, whereas yours just stops when it hits the JAVA. Try changing your BD-Java setting in TMT

No, same as him - black, no timeline, controls had no affect...

I did try enabling/disabling the TMT3 Java settings - no difference. Tried both the MCE plug in and the stand alone player...

I had to re-rip without "Remove Annoying Adverts/Disable BD Live" in AnyDVD HD, and then it played....

Last edited:
Nope, not the same, go back and read what he said. his is caused by flaky playback of the video files, not by them not playing at all. He said that they started to play after a while, just jerky which is more likely to be something on his system causing the issue like a graphics driver issue or something to do with the video codec.

Just tried by Skynet edition and doesn't give me any issues

Anyway I'm pretty sure if it has got an issue James will want a logfile from the original disc

Last edited:
Nope, not the same, go back and read what he said. his is caused by flaky playback of the video files, not by them not playing at all. He said that they started to play after a while, just jerky which is more likely to be something on his system causing the issue like a graphics driver issue or something to do with the video codec.

Just tried by Skynet edition and doesn't give me any issues

Anyway I'm pretty sure if it has got an issue James will want a logfile from the original disc

This is from the original post:

Hi everybody,

I'm having the following issue : with some bd rips on my hard drive, the blu-ray never starts : I have a black screen, and even by pressing next or fast forward, I have no timeline, nothing.

They were not playing at all.

Other posts here do indicate there are issues with T2/Skynet Edition with BD-Live disabled during rips, so it was for me. Enabling BD-Live in AyDVD HD and re-ripping solved the problem.

And then his second post was to say this
In fact, the black screen is just the video being jerky. After some minutes, the rip plays, but very jerky. It happened to me with slumdog millionaire and Die hard. It does it with Total media theatre, powerdvd 10, VLC, and MPC HC just quits. Quite weird !
Anyway you still need to post a logfile if you want them to look in to it.
As it doesn't do it on any of my systems with Die Hard, Mr Fox or Skynet it may be just a weird conflict on yours. Try updating JAVA

Solution

Ok I discovered that when playing back my backed up media ocassionally I run into the same problem. I typically run movies through windows media center (windows 7 linked with TMNT) when running into that problem. When I tried to play directly through TMNT without using WMC it works...Thus my analysis concludes that the problem is with WMC7. Most movies do play through the WMC+TMNT but a few do not. Some of the movies I had problems with are "Despicable me" and "Toy story 3", and "The expendables". Hope it helps guys! :D

Back