• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some backups work, some do not

zspckrm

About 50% of my backups actually play on my blue ray players. The ones that do not play show the menu screen. When I play the movie nothing happens.

I am able to play the "bad" disc in CloneBD player.

I have not enclosed a log file because all of my backups are successful.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have used TDK, Optical Quantum & Maxell. I have had success and failure with all of them.

triple crap brands. Get yourself a set of verbatim BD-R but NOT the LTH type!

but for the ones that don't play, do the originals exhibit the same behavior on your pc with anydvd enabled? If that's the case, it could be a decryption issue and you need to provide an anydvd logfile for those problematic discs

I've been using TDK HTL discs for years and have literally written thousands of discs, there's nothing wrong with them. You just need to make sure you don't burn your discs at faster than their rated speed, whereas my success rate with Verbatim HTL's has been less than stellar.

Last edited:
You just need to make sure you don't burn your discs at faster than their rated speed.

This is true for DVD or BD media. I used half of the speed media rated and that fixes most write problems DVD-(2-2.4x) and BD (4x). Also one shouldn't multitask on the same computer that is doing the backup that can also cause unforeseen problems as well. I done this on my Desktop but that only because the temp folder are on separate HDD that doesn't get interfered with when the C: drive is working. So doing everything onto on Drive can also lead to read/write problems. And I have tried Optical and those have worked fine with a few bad and a few my mistake and now I use Windata BD 25gig and they work fine with a few here and there and another off brand 50gig that game me a few here and there but that to me is acceptable loss. This also happens in the Windata DVD-DL and DVD-SL brand as well.

@Adbear: I said LTH not HTL. LTH discs use an organic dye and are no longer being manufactured by anyone. And that burn speed well that's relative. My bd-r's are rated for 6x, have write speed descriptors up to 12x and using my LG drives they burn just peachy at 12x AND play just fine to still after years of storage for some.

Now TDK, meh. B grade at best.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I disagree, TDK are not 'B' grade. I've got 5+ year old discs that still work perfectly and have written literally thousands for work and never had a customer come back with any issue with them. Some people just seem to get blinkered into thinking only Verbatim are any good when that's just not true. In fact the early Verbatim discs were awful.

Let's be clear, "Verbatum" is not one disc, either. They've stuck their name on some very crappy discs. It takes work to get the "good" Verbatum discs that are TRULY manufactured in Japan. Going by brand has not worked in a long time. It takes research and sometimes luck to get decent discs these days.

To the OP, do the discs that don't work in your stand alone player work on your PC with, as an example, PowerDVD? It could be an issue with the backup depending on the options used and your stand alone player's tolerance. Just another avenue to explore.

I bought new disc's and am still having the same problem.

PowerDVD will play the iso file AnyDVD created. PowerDVD will not play the iso file CloneBD created. After I select the play option on the menu, nothing happens.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling CloneBD.

CloneBD says it completed successfully.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• log_data.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
Can you detail the exact steps you're taking in CloneBD to make the backup and give us one or two of the discs having problems? If I have any of them I'll try to repro the problem tomorrow when I get a chance. If not, the developers can still use the information on their end. Detailed steps would be great, though.

1. Start CloneBD and select ISO as the source.

2. Select the iso file that was created by AnyDVD. I am able to play this iso using PowerDVD 15 Ultra. Everything works great at this point.

3. Click the "create a disc, folder or iso" button.

4. Click "Complete copy"

5. Select "Create an ISO image", then click the Begin Conversion button.

6. In about 2 hours it appears the iso was successfully created. When I try to watch this new iso using PowerDVD 15 Ultra, the following happens.
a. the menu screen appears.
b. I select play
c. The 20th Century Fox logo appears.
d. Then nothing.

I am having problems with Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back & Black Sails Season 1 Disc 1.

Last edited:
I have Empire Strikes Back so I'll see if I can play with that one tomorrow. Thanks.

Back