• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Pokemon Movie Blurays Menu issues

DevYukine

Hey,

i'm currently have issues with certian newer Pokemon Blurays which after anydvd removes protection play annoying prerolls (copyright notice and stuff) even tho i disabled that in the settings of anydvd and then just black screen and no menu comes up, after reading throught the "FAQ" i'm very positive this is playlist obfuscation at work.

I've made sure the disc working fine (tested on my PS5) and all disc play correctly on there.

I bought all these discs from amazon with following Links
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07PJJFJBM
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07T3NQBQM
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B083N4D363
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08DSVJR7F

Names:
Pokémon – Der Film
Pokémon 3 – Im Bann der Icognito
Pokémon 10 – Der Aufstieg von Darkrai
Pokémon - Arceus und das Juwel des Lebens

EAN:

All these are German discs.

I've attached all logs needed, if anything more is needed i would gladly provide that to get anydvd updated :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.8.0_Info_E_POKEMON 3_BBD289F3_2DF29332.ziplog
    732.8 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.5.8.0_Info_E_POKEMON 10_38C43AE9_5A15FA82.ziplog
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.5.8.0_Info_E_POKEMON 12_90C2CCD5_1FD8464A.ziplog
    233.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.5.8.0_Info_E_POKEMON DER FILM_08FF944A_DCF643D2.ziplog
    645.7 KB · Views: 0
I don't see anything special. How do you play back on your PC? Please try to set AnyDVD to "default" settings.

I'm using VLC for playback, i've also reset AnyDVD to default settings and i still have the same issue (had to change "remove player region code" so that it wouldn't show mismatched player region after resetting settings back to default tho)

If you play it using VLC you can set it to directly play the movie. Open VLC, select Medien and then Medium öffnen, as you can see in this screenshot.
There you can choose if it is a dvd or bd and there is a checkbox to play it without the menu, see here.

I have many movies on DVD, but I don't own the new BD Versions, so I cannot try it myself.

Edit: you wrote that you use VLC while I was still writing this.

If you play it using VLC you can set it to directly play the movie. Open VLC, select Medien and then Medium öffnen, as you can see in this screenshot.
There you can choose if it is a dvd or bd and there is a checkbox to play it without the menu, see here.

I have many movies on DVD, but I don't own the new BD Versions, so I cannot try it myself.

Edit: you wrote that you use VLC while I was still writing this.

That does work (it goes directly to the movie) but i think the menu not working is still something which should be investigated, right? i have older anime blurays which work just fine with the menu so i was reporting this in case thats something which should be fixed.

Please see these settings and check yours accordingly:

View attachment 61674

Using these settings still has the same issue with the menu not comming up and the annoying prerolls playing even tho i set anydvd to remove those, i also tested another player which has exactly the same issue.

What version is your VLC? The current one is 3.0.16.

What version is your VLC? The current one is 3.0.16.
Yeah... Yours might be too old having these issues. With older versions you have to pick the m2ts files and menus don't really work. So most likely it's a VLC issue.

I'm using VLC for playback, i've also reset AnyDVD to default settings and i still have the same issue (had to change "remove player region code" so that it wouldn't show mismatched player region after resetting settings back to default tho)
This might be an implementation error of VLC. Can you try an officially licensed player, e.g. PowerDVD?

This might be an implementation error of VLC. Can you try an officially licensed player, e.g. PowerDVD?
Sadly i can't test PowerDVD as it will install but not start no matter what, is there another official licensed player i could try?

As an alternate solution please try MPC-BE instead of VLC. Works great for most of my stuff.....

https://www.videohelp.com/software/MPC-BE
That one works but doesn't do menu's, VLC also works when i skip menus but i just wanted to investigate this cause i thought its an issue with AnyDVD rather than VLC

I just tried WinDVD and it can play the menu just fine, its clearly not an AnyDVD issue but a VLC implementation issue, i will report this on VLC ^^

Thanks for all the input!

Back