• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Missing audio language - AMZ

Dumbi

I tried to download The Mentalist season 5 and when downloading episode 1, I only get the possibility for American English and not the language of my region (German). Log attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.2.astlog
    372.7 KB · Views: 4
For this show there are two entries for each season on Amazon.de. So there is "The Mentalist - Staffel 5" and "The Mentalist - Staffel 5 [OV]". On the first one I only see "Deutsch" in the audio list and in the second one I only see "American English". Are you sure that you have selected the correct entry?

in belgium we have season 5 in french english etc but not in german ? amazing all the same...

audio : Français, English, Español (España), Español (Latinoamérica), Italiano, Polski, Português

That's not the only show. Try 'the good doctor' same problem. Nothing Anystream can do about it, if amz doesn't list en audio and NL subs for example, AS can't magically make them appear

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I dont use any VPN and the region is set to Germany. So it makes no sense that Amazon only provides English audio but not the German audio. Also, cartman has German listed.. If I log into Amazon in browser, the audio is correct.

i noticed also, that the whole series page in AS of The Mentalist is in English. So all the descriptions are English too - even though the region is set to German. But in the Browser, the descriptions are German. Other series are correctly listed in German within the AS program.

So I do think that AS has a parsing issue here.

I checked your Log-File and you really opened the entry where only English is available. As I said before there are two entries for each season, one with only English audio and one with only German audio. That is not unusual on Amazon.de. Some shows have two listings where only one language is selectable.

When I search for "Mentalist 5" on Amazon (or AnyStream), the first two results are the following:
mentalist 2.png

When I choose "The Mentalist - Staffel 5" I get the following with German audio:
mentalist 3.png

And when I choose the second one with "OV" in the title, I get the English page, which was also selected in your Logfile:
mentalist 1.png

So I don't know why you were on the the English one. But I can select both when I search for "Mentalist 5". I know that the search on Amazon sometimes gets very strange results and the one I search for is not listed on the first result page. And it is completely listed in different orders for each user/browser or whatever. So perhaps the problem is that Amazon listed the English entry first.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me of the [OV] version and German one. I don't know why I picked the OV, but you're right, the other one works fine... Thanks again!

Back