• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] ASUS BW-16D1HT (3.02), Wizard of Oz UHD, disc not detected

Rick0

I've used this drive on dozens of UHD discs without difficulty, but today I tried to load the Wizard of Oz UHD disc, and AnyDVD didn't detect that a disc was present. (Neither did Windows.) This particular disc is printed with a dark red background, with the text on the disc shown by the absence of the dark red printing, so you can see through the disc in those spots. The word "Oz" is a particularly large clear area.

After verifying that the disc played fine in a stand-alone UHD player, I concluded that this drive doesn't react well to large clear areas on a disc. I resolved the issue by coloring in the clear areas with a black Sharpie. The disc doesn't take the Sharpie ink very well, but it provided enough opacity for the disc to be recognized, and AnyDVD then successfully decrypted it.

Back