• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

So, there is no way to turn off subtitles?

stealingfeathers

When I make an MP4 with the option to have subtitles, there seems to be no way to turn them on or off in the video player. They just stay on. Am I just stuck with that?

you're stuck with that. That's not a choice CloneDVD mobile can make, the MP4 codec standard simply doesn't allow for subtitles that can be toggled on/off. The only way mp4 supports subtitles is if they get hardcoded into the video. If you want subtitles that can be toggled you'll need to use a different container such as .mkv

you're stuck with that. That's not a choice CloneDVD mobile can make, the MP4 codec standard simply doesn't allow for subtitles that can be toggled on/off. The only way mp4 supports subtitles is if they get hardcoded into the video. If you want subtitles that can be toggled you'll need to use a different container such as .mkv

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I figured that was probably the case. I don't know what .mkv is. Is that actually an option in CloneDVD Mobile?

Just like .mp4 is the file extension so is .mkv. Both are just audio/video 'containers'. CloneDVD Mobile should have the option though I can't say for sure, look for 'mastroska ...'

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Just like .mp4 is the file extension so is .mkv. Both are just audio/video 'containers'. CloneDVD Mobile should have the option though I can't say for sure, look for 'mastroska ...'

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I just checked and there is apparently no option for MKV or Mastroska output in CloneDVD Mobile. :(

I checked 18.0.6 and 19.0.7.

I just checked and there is apparently no option for MKV or Mastroska output in CloneDVD Mobile. :(

I checked 18.0.6 and 19.0.7.

Perhaps it is something to put into their "suggestion box." I really like having the option for subtitles (or CC) but I don't necessarily want to be stuck with it. Thanks again everyone for the feedback. .... Okay, I just sent them a message and asked if it they can make the option available (Some way to toggle subtitles or CC). Might not be possible. If anyone else likes CC the way I do, I urge you to send them a message so that they'll consider looking into it.

Last edited:
It's not something that can be put in the suggestion box. Clonedvd mobile follows the official mp4 standard to ensure playback compatibility across all players. It is however exactly that standard that doesn't allow for subtitles that can be toggled as I previously stated. The only way subtitles are defined and supported in the mp4 format is hardcoded. Veering away from the standard is not a good idea as it opens the door for not officially supported audio/video codecs and playback issues because of that.

There is a way around that on Android based devices, and that's to use a player that supports separate subtitle files (.srt) such as MX Player. For example movie.mp4 +movie.srt would cause the subtitles to be turned on/off.

I don't know if there are such iOS players as I don't have iOS using devices.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back