• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SMB playback issues with NEOTV 550

mike_r

I am not sure if this is a specific NEOTV 550 issue, or a general naming issue or simply a quirk in the BDMV specification.

Setup

Server : HP N40L, AnyDVD 7.1.3.0, LG GGC-H20L 1.03
SMB Share : \\HPN40L\Blu-Ray\ (optical drive)
Client : NeoTV 550 fw 3.2.27eu

I can see the SMB share, and access the files. However when I try to play \\HPN40L\Blu-Ray\BDMV\index.bdmv I get an error message saying that the content is not playable or accessable.

At 1st I thought it was an AnyDVD issue, so I tried an unprotected ISO and this also didn't work. I was able to sucessfully play both protected ISOs and unprotected ISOs on a PC with TMT5. Here the difference was that the location was mapped as a network drive.

Next I thought maybe the share name is invalid containing a '-' or too long? The hard drive location \\HPN40L\Public\Videos\Around The World In 80 Days\BDMV\index.bdmv worked fine, so the length must have been OK. I changed the share name to remove the '-' \\HPN40L\BD\ ... low and behold it worked,

So my question is why is this? OK it works, but I'd actually like to know why.

Last edited:
What I stated above seems to be utter rubbish. I assume there is a bug in the NeoTV firmware. When network discovery is on and \\HPN40L\BD is discovered then no playback is possible at all with SMB. However with network discovery off and manually adding \\hpn40l\bd playback works.

The next question is did anyone get SpeedMenus to work? Infact any of AnyDVDs functionality like UOPs or skipping trailers etc? Slumdog Millionaire (region A) simply cannot be played back with SpeedMenus on. Bolt! (region B) plays back, but no sign of the SpeedMenus and you have to sit through all the trailers etc.

Back