• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it's just wrong for headphones? From what I've seen PDVD just decodes TrueHD in stereo no matter what you have the output set to.

I've read alot of posts where people have said this should be a strictly HD player. Why is this? While I think the focus should be on HD content, I would gladly give up MPC if SlyPlayer could handle SD content well.

That being said, here are a few things I've thought about that would make this a perfect player:

1: Fullscreen payback of BD at 1080/24. It'd be great if I could leave my dektop at 50hz, but when I open a blu at fulscreen, it automatically goes to 24.

2: Support for external filters, such as ffdshow, so I can playback SDDVDs at higher quality and double framerate.

3: SPDIF support (duh), but not like WinDVD's craptastic, tempermental SPDIF- one that just works.

4: Integration with other SLysoft products- like AnyDVD and Re-clock. It'd be nice if I could control all of the options of these programs from within the player, and have just one icon down in the toolbar.

I'm sure there are others, I just can't think of them now....

I love slysoft products- used them for years! Keep up the great work!

Are you sure it's just wrong for headphones? From what I've seen PDVD just decodes TrueHD in stereo no matter what you have the output set to.

I think you're talking about the bug in the newer builds/versions? The bug I'm talking about is caused because for DH processing, you need to set the output to "headphones", and then PDVD will only decode TrueHD in 2 channels. It's because of the automatic channel switch that TrueHD decoding has, to match the output system. The other options (# of speakers, HDMI) work as expected though, for older versions. I use 8.0.2217. It's been a while though since I watch a movie with DH. My "movie" earphones are broken.

Oh, I was forgetting that Dolby Virtual Speaker has the same problem. You need to set to 2 speaker to be able to enable it, so TrueHD again is only decoded in 2-channel mode. But I don't really care for DVS, never use it.

Last edited:
SlyPlayer pricing model

Will it be an additional charge or is it free. I remember seeing something about it being free but it is taking huge amounts of time and brain power so I am just confirming.

I do not have a problem paying for that product giving Slysoft reputation

SlyPLayer

Imagine if it had the ease of use of VNC but the smarts of Slysoft, unbeatable!
G.

Imagine if it had the ease of use of VNC but the smarts of Slysoft, unbeatable!
G.

I guess you meant VMC? I only use it as a DVR and it's OK, but for an all-purpose player doesn't seem very good. I would bet that you'll need to forget about expecting eye-candy UI too.

Will it be an additional charge or is it free. I remember seeing something about it being free but it is taking huge amounts of time and brain power so I am just confirming.

I do not have a problem paying for that product giving Slysoft reputation

DO YOU READ AT ALL? It is said throughout this entire thread, it is FREE.

I have no idea if the Mac & Linux ports will have hardware acceleration.

Where can I pre-order?

Also, I could care less about any sound feature beyond Downmixing to DTS on s/pdif. DTS is quite good enough for me.

Where can I pre-order?

Also, I could care less about any sound feature beyond Downmixing to DTS on s/pdif. DTS is quite good enough for me.

It will be FREE!
So why would you need to order it ;)

- Rich

Well, since this thread is so long and I don't want to risk losing it or having multiple other threads started on this topic, I've gone ahead and made it a sticky thread.

Sly Player has to Have HDDVD support. There arn't isn't a decent HDDVD player software yet. and the discs are still dirt cheep and many are still better than the Blu-Ray releases.

Also it would be nice for those of us using legacy Amp's with SPDIF and DD5.1 Decoders and DTS to have proper control over DTS and DD5.1 Downmixing.

Players currently when down mixing/converting mix everything including regular DTS and DD indo whatever you chose. It would be nice if it would pass DTS(and the HD core) and DD to the amp untouched regardless and only downmix/convert formats that need it into DTS or DD5.1 decided by the user of course.

One Day I do intend to get a decent sound card and use the 6.1 input on my amp, for the newer HD codecs.

The Slysoft team say that Slyplayer will be able to play HD-DVD main movies and probably extras, by selecting them from a list of titles, but there will be no disc menus, no online access etc.. Nobody in their right mind would invest effort in making a full HD-DVD disc navigator now.

Certainly. Depending on the hardware you have, SPDIF may be the only option to get all channels working properly (as it is the case for me).

Are there any higher end DA converters that do not support S/PDIF?

Right now I am using a Meridian 568 to decode surround sound into 3 pairs of S/PDIF. For BluRay hires audio there is no such device but I would prefer to continue to use my converters and not have to settle for lower sound quality.

Cheers

Thomas

what is the exact communication about slyplayer by slysoft ?
free ? availibility ? reclock ? hd dvd and blu ray support ? support mounted images ?

all the information that we can find here are only calculation ? or really information ?

Look at all the posts from James. That's information from Slysoft. What we know from James is that it will be free, it will support Blu-ray and some HD DVD support (probably not menus but you should be able to select titleset to play), reclock functionality will be built in, obviously will support mounted images, and does not have a release date. All we know about that is that it's in the pipeline and will be released eventually.

Slightly off topic here.

I would imagine that Slysoft's announcement of a free, trouble-free BD player has not made competitors :mad: as happy as consumers :clap:. (I suppose the same applies to Anydvd HD.)

I'd be very interested to know if there have been any attempts by the usual (big) suspects to intimidate or outright threaten Slysoft in order to prevent it from releasing a free player and in exactly what form those attempts are made.

To be maybe a bit less specific (and more diplomatic), are there behind-the-scenes battles that take place between Slysoft and its competitors (or their representative organizations), about which we, the consumer, are completely unaware, or does Slysoft go merrily about its business completely unnoticed and unimpeded by anyone or anything?

(Moderators, if this post is inappropriate, please delete it without hesitation.)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back