• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Media Player

imo i think they should release a basic player that will just play the movie well and then add all those other features in time, and i think they should charge a fee for it, remember these guys are working really hard and they have not let us down yet, they deserve to get paid for all there hard work. if it can be done i believe slysoft can do it.

I would prefer a player that you pay for. IMO, it provides motivation for improvement.

Also, Please support BR as it will really piss them off :policeman:

- Rich

All of you asking for directshow filters miss the freaking point. All that would do is give you play back of the main movie.

No, it would give everything. DVD playback is done largely, if not entirely through DirectShow filters. There's a DVD Navigator filter, which provides navigation and splitter fuctionality, which then feeds the audio and video decoder filters. If you don't believe me, grab a copy of Graphedit. You can build a fully functional DVD player with just graphedit and Dshow filters (DVD Navigator to Audio/Video decoders to renderers).

All we're really lacking at the moment is a HD DVD/HDi navigator filter and an audio decoder filter that supports DD+, DTHD, DTS-HD and DTS-HD MA. If Slysoft created those two filters, then Zoomplayer, TheaterTek, MediaPortal, SageTV, could have real HD DVD support with minimal work on their end.

In about a month the freeware community is going to have that done anyway.

Cool if true, but I haven't seen much progress being made on Dshow HD DVD filters from the community, at least not enough to expect it to be available this year.

That's not what's being asked for. We want a FULLY FUNCTIONAL HD DVD player software.

But why? Why do we need another player app? Why would a Slysoft HD DVD player be better than something that lets TheaterTek, Zoomplayer, or any other Dshow app play HD DVDs?

I think you better call Santa back and ask for something else for Xmas :agree:

Give these Slysoft guys a break. I wish other companies (ahem Cyberlink) worked half as hard as they do. Thanksgiving is only a few days away and I do believe they are entitled to a few days off..right Giancarlo? :clap:

Happy Holidays Slysoft

Do they even celebrate Thanksgiving in Antigua? :D

I do believe the United States is the only place that celebrates thanksgiving to my knowledge. I know Canada does but at a different time and the significance of the holiday is considerably less.

What is Thanksgiving?

Stranger89 is right. All we need for playback of unencrypted HD-DVD/BD are a few missing directshow filters.

Plugging those gaps (and enabling the unencrypted bit!!) would just be awesome.

I'd pay a reasonable amount for a codec pack to allow me to use my favourite player, Zoom Player. There's no need to write a player from scratch, the authors of ZP and TT have been plugging at it for years, it's no small task.

All we're really lacking at the moment is a HD DVD/HDi navigator filter and an audio decoder filter that supports DD+, DTHD, DTS-HD and DTS-HD MA

Cinemaster Audio Decoder v4.3 works fine with DD+, FFDshow plays DTS-HD

The movies all play fine in Media Player Classic, only the navigation and Dolby TrueHD audio codecs are required.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=11341294&postcount=1

I'd pay a reasonable amount for a codec pack to allow me to use my favourite player, Zoom Player.
Zoomplayer appeared to be downscaling the resolution of the movies it played and was very user unfriendly, so I gave up trying to get it to play HD/Blu.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=11261543&postcount=29
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=11274315&postcount=40

Last edited:
the latest powerdvd patch is making more and more people ask for refunds, from a financial point of view I think there is money to be made for Slysoft if they decide to create a player that would play UNENCRYPTED hd material.

Along with AnyDVD they will be #1 in decryption and playback.

I have no idea where you can legally purchase it, but the program itself, where the decoders are included, is called CinePlayer HD. The only link I could find, besides the ones we're not allowed to post, is this: Sonic Press Release... from 2005...

Third, the menu-ing structure is ridiculously complex and must be dealt with in order to get a fully functional playback system. It's one thing to simply play the main movie, but, that's uninteresting. We want a player that gives the FULL HD DVD experience and to do that will require fully reverse engineering the menu structure.
You don't need that in the first version, just a static menu with screenshots from each track will do.

@MHTPC - that's a good idea. Decrypt the Main Movie for free, but require anything beyond that to already be decrypted (with AnyDVD). That would be an excellent marketing strategy (PS: SlySoft, I've decided to increase my marketing consultation fee to you from 10% up to 11.5%).

Very interesting! Simple question: What do I have to buy, to get this decoder?
That's the big problem - I don't think there's any way to get this decoder legally short of buying Scenarist or Cinevision.

The Sonic HD Audio Decoder supports this:

(1) E-AC3 decoding and TrueHD decoding. But both are with forced DRC (Dynamic Range Compression), so I consider this more or less useless.

(2) Full DTS-ES, DTS-96/24, DTS-HD High Resolution and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding!

ffdShow can only decode the DTS core. The Sonic Audio Decoder decodes the full DTS-HD information. For more details on which decoder supports which features you could have a look at the first post of this thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966

Hello,

The KMP people ( http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/index.php ) say:

"If there are free directshow filters for bd/hd playback, it can be used in any players based upon that structure just like dvd playback."

SlySoft team, so what about developing BD/HD filters (please with Region free support, also for DVD) that could be used in "TheKMPlayer"? Like that, you would not need to develop a completely new player, but we would have a free BD/HD player :) .

So what about cooperation with KMP?

Many greetings, :)

A Pal

So what about cooperation with KMP?
Nope, that's not what the KMP people were talking about. There doesn't even need to be any cooperation with the KMP people. All that is needed are free DirectShow filters which do all the work. These filters will work automagically in KMP, ZoomPlayer, MPC and any other DirectShow based media player.

And I still don't understand why, if it's going to come down to filters, that Slysoft doesn't just create the filters and screw creating anything extra for removing region codes, etc. If people want to decrypt the original content then they should purchase AnyDVD HD. If Slysoft creates and releases filters that could be used by existing media players then awesome. Kudos to them but why spend all the extra effort to add functionality that already exists in their shareware software (ie AACS removal, BD region code removal, etc)? It is a waste of resources and makes no business sense to me.

There are no free DirectShow filters for HD DVD menus, extras, interactivity etc.

I know that. My point is for Slysoft to create the filters but not put the decryption stuff into anything related to a media player. If people need the decryption then they should use AnyDVD.

Back