• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slyce - Features Request

tstorzuk

Since there isn't a place that I could find that wasn't a closed post, I thought I should start a new post with the requested features that I would like to see in the upcoming Slyce software.

1. Be able to encode multiple files in a que.
I have thousands of movies that I want to be able to convert. I don't have time to set up each one, run a program, and restart the process (like Clone DVD Mobile). I would like to be able to drag and drop a BUNCH of files onto the software window, be able to pick which titles to encode, and start it running. Almost exactly like DVDFab 9's Ripper software. I have all of my DVD's and BRD's ripped to my computer's HDD's, I just need to encode them to a high quality mobile format. I have a computer dedicated for that process, so setting it up once a week/month would be great. Just letting it do it's work and not having to touch it every couple of hours would streamline the encoding process.

2. Be able to encode either DVD or BRD files, or pretty much any kind of file thrown at it.
It would be great to not have to use different software for different file types. Just dump them all into the one program, and let it do it's thing.

3. Be able to add title information as well as a synopsis of the file into the file.
When I'm browsing for a file to play, I like to know what it's about. Kinda like what's available at IMDB. I'd like to be able to input an IMDB link, and the information from that link be added to the file when it get's encoded. Like when using XBMC, but on a mobile device instead of a full HTPC. This is extremely handy when trying to find a certain episode of a TV show/series.

4. Be able to set start and end points for each file to be encoded.
Some DVD/BRDs have extra crap in the files than what's normally shown. A good example is the first couple of seasons of South Park. Each episode has an introduction from Matt and Trey. It's funny to watch once, but annoying to see over and over again. It would be great to be able to run the software so that parts like that can be removed during the encoding process.

5. Be able to skip through a file by keeping the same chapters as whats on the DVD/BRD.
From time to time, I like to jump to a certain scene in a movie, and watch it over and over again. Being able to jump through to chapters would help speed that up.
Case in point; Full Metal Jacket.....Get some! Get some! Get some, yeah, yeah, yeah!! Anyone who runs is a VC. Anyone who stands still is a well-disciplined VC!

6. Be able to create 3D BRD files that can be played on 3D capable devices.
Using either side by side or some other format to be able to take full advantage of 3D movie viewing. I currently use DVDFab 9 for this, but it reduces the file size and quality too much. It would be nice to have the encoded file closer to the original quality.

7. Allow for forced subtitles to be shown.
Using Clone DVD Mobile, I have not been able to get the forced subtitles to show for many of my movies. It would be great if this was fixed for Slyce. Having a check box for forced subtitles would help make sure that they are added to the encode process.
Case in point; any of the Star Wars movies. I can hear Jabba talking, but have no idea what he's saying.

Anyhow, that's a few things that I can think of that I would like to see in the software. Hopefully many of these can be added. I know that these requests are late in the game, but I thought better late than never.

Back