• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow burn times

prabs99

My burn times have slowed after I upgraded my motherboard. Here are my screenshots with 2 different media. One is a TDK bought at Costco and the other is a Verbatim. They both are DVD+R. I then tried to burn the same DVD, using Image burn (used CloneDVD to create an image), but I got good burn times. I am attaching screenshots. I tried resetting DMA from Image burn, but got back "nothing to reset". Is there anything else I am doing wrong that causing these slow burn times with CloneDVD?

Attachments

• 5-27-2013 1-35-23 PM.jpg
    5-27-2013 1-35-23 PM.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 5-27-2013 12-00-44 PM.jpg
    5-27-2013 12-00-44 PM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 5-27-2013 12-20-02 PM.jpg
    5-27-2013 12-20-02 PM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 16
  • AnyDVD_7.1.8.0_Info_J_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_7.1.8.0_Info_L_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
How about a log files of the iso that you were trying to backup that would be a start as well...

How to get a CloneDVD2 log

How do I get the iso log file?

If you need, or wish to, provide a logfile, under the Log tab, right-click anywhere the highlighted (yellow) area and choose Save/Save As..., then name and save the file to a location on you computer. You can attach a log to any additional replies you make.

20130511_15h49m25s_002_CloneDVD2_SaveAs_zps6642d6ca.jpg

@prabs99
I would remove the PxHlpa64 lower filter with ImgBurn's 'Filter Driver Load Order' tool.
After that reboot and try another burn.

If it's till slow you can check if there's a problem with the ElbyCDIO.

Try another burn with ImgBurn, but this time using the Elby interface.
Open Tools -> Settings -> I/O -> on the top left change the 'Interface' from SPTI to ElbyCDIO -> Ok

@prabs99
I would remove the PxHlpa64 lower filter with ImgBurn's 'Filter Driver Load Order' tool.
After that reboot and try another burn.

If it's till slow you can check if there's a problem with the ElbyCDIO.

Try another burn with ImgBurn, but this time using the Elby interface.
Open Tools -> Settings -> I/O -> on the top left change the 'Interface' from SPTI to ElbyCDIO -> Ok

Removed the PxHlpa64 driver. I am attaching the screen shots. I tried using the ElbyCDIO in ImgBurn, but the burn times are the same for the iso in both the ElbyCDIO and SPTI. I get the same burn time when I burn the iso file from CloneDVD. The problem arises when I try to copy the DVD, it takes a long time to burn around 24 minutes compared to 5 minutes when burning the iso.

Attachments

• 6-1-2013 9-27-37 PM.jpg
    6-1-2013 9-27-37 PM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 6-1-2013 9-53-47 PM.jpg
    6-1-2013 9-53-47 PM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 4
  • ImgBurn_ELBY_JR.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_7.2.0.0_Info_L_JACK_REACHER.zip
    687.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I have imgburn installed and it hasn't caused me any problems so not sure what version of Imgburn you have but I don't have problem with my 2.5.7.0 version. Also you might want to set your device region just to be sure it isn't part of the problem as well. And don't experience slow

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Set in device manager to Region 1 if that is where your located at.

Also if you used CloneDVD it will repair defective structure before proceeding on to copy or backup the DVD Jack Reacher....I done it 6 times backup and it also says fixing defective DVD structure. And the backup works both when burned to SL and DL media.

using Image burn (used CloneDVD to create an image)

Also CloneDVD is all you need to copy the DVD as mentioned it will be fixing defective dvd structure but after that is will start backup the DVD. So your doing to many steps which can be accomplished right with CloneDVD already.

I have imgburn installed and it hasn't caused me any problems so not sure what version of Imgburn you have but I don't have problem with my 2.5.7.0 version. Also you might want to set your device region just to be sure it isn't part of the problem as well. And don't experience slow
I was not complaining that imgburn was causing my slow burn problems. I was using it to gauge my burn times. I have the latest version (2.5.7.0.).

Set in device manager to Region 1 if that is where your located at.

I set the Region to 1. But I am not sure if that causes slow burn times with CloneDVD.

Also if you used CloneDVD it will repair defective structure before proceeding on to copy or backup the DVD Jack Reacher....I done it 6 times backup and it also says fixing defective DVD structure. And the backup works both when burned to SL and DL media.

I did not get any fixing directory DVD structure with Jack Reacher.

Also CloneDVD is all you need to copy the DVD as mentioned it will be fixing defective dvd structure but after that is will start backup the DVD. So your doing to many steps which can be accomplished right with CloneDVD already.

I know it can be accomplished by CloneDVD, but it is the burn times I am concerned about, the burn times has significantly increased from around 5 to 7 minutes to around 20 minutes. Loonier suggest I try the above steps to see if it was a ElbyCDIO problem.

I posted in the General Hardware Issues section under the following........... New computer with slow results vs my old computer with faster results.

I'm wondering if you have tried what I call the 2 step approach, for I'm also having the same slow issue.

Hardware

I don't know what you are expecting here for burning times but nothing can or will be done about this in CloneDVD. Clearly your new chip set and other variables behave in a different way compared to your other machine.+
Keep in mind: CloneDVD is looking at a "funnel" when it comes to writing a DVD and it only pours in the data. The size of the funnel is your hardware channeling capability. No "go faster" fix is possible.

Back