• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Skyfall BluRay fails to load at all

Everything newer than TMT 5.0.1.114 is broken, getting worse with every newer build. Use older builds.

Thanks James, I'll try an older build to see how it does, but build 146 and Catalyst 12.8 was the first combo that played both 2D and 3D blurays without any stutter. Also it has better integration with MCE (no drive menus before playing and no black screen afterwards).

I will try though, it's probably a better compromise than not being able to play some discs, as long as it doesn't stutter of course.

I just tried with the very first build of V5 (build 80) and build 114, and as far as Skyfall and Iron Man are concerned, they have exactly the same behaviour as build 146.

Skyfall needs skip/next in MCE plugin to get to the menu
Iron Man freezes on a blank screen when trying to play it with "ignore video sequences shorter than" enabled. Plays fine otherwise.

So I'm back to build 146 as reverting doesn't give me much, at least for these titles.

I might try TMT3 for a while, as it plays fine in both situations. I've just never tested it re stuttering as 146 worked fine for me.

Sadly TMT3 is stutterfest, so back to TMT 5 build 146.
I found a way to solve the Iron Man issue, if I start the movie with scenes selecting chapter1, it plays fine as it doesn't try to play the PG13 warning.
That's nice because I really like the "ignore video sequences shorter than" feature, it's almost as fast as BD Lite/Speed Menu but you get the full menu.
Sorry, this is OT if not related to the Skyfall issue.

Just to confirm that the Skyfall issue is solved by the latest AnyDVDHD beta as it allows us to finally upgrade to TMT6:D (thanks again for that!), but I tried the Iron Man bluray with AnyDVDHD 7.1.5.5 and TMT 6 still freezes when trying to play the PG13 warning if the "skip video sequence shorter than" is enabled.

As this is OT in this thread, I'm happy to start a thread about this issue if James is interested in looking into this. We can't really ask Arcsoft to fix this as playback only freezes when this anydvd option is enabled, so they'll never be able to replicate it.

On another hand, playback works fine with TM3 and PDVD12, so it's clearly specific to TMT5/6 (it freezes with both the standalone and the MCE plugin).

James, please advise whether you'd like more info to fix this, in which case we should start a new thread, or whether we should just drop it.

Last edited:
Back