• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Skips in video

CKENN19

I was looking through the threads and didn't really register anybody making a note of anything like this, so I thought I'd send it out there. I've noticed now with 2 movies that about 20 minutes into the film there will be 3 skips where small portions of the movie are missing... and then again... the same thing 20 minutes later. Any thoughts as to what this may be?

Just a little extra info: for both movies... the 'skipping' seemed to appear at the exact same times into both movies.

Last edited:
Just a little extra info

You aint kidding.
The exact opposite would be more helpful.

Could you post an AnyDVD logfile, either for an empty drive(s), or with the original DVD disc(s) inserted.

Last edited:
Logs would be helpful, yes. It would also be extremely useful to know the names of the two problematic DVDs.

Sorry. I originally passed it off as just bad media, but then when I saw the same issue on a second movie at about the same time into it, I figured I'd see if anybody had encountered the same thing here?

Verbatim-R

Edge of Darkness & To Paris with Love were the 2 movies.

Apologies. I'm not in a place where I can get the logfiles right now. They're at home. I'm not.

Sorry. I originally passed it off as just bad media, but then when I saw the same issue on a second movie at about the same time into it, I figured I'd see if anybody had encountered the same thing here?

Defective media would indeed have the flaws in the same place.
It's that new fangled "mass production" stuff. :D

-W

I didn't find any skipping in the Region 1 release of Edge of Darkness.

Nor did I.
But did he have one from the same batch?

-W

GAK!! My error... I forgot the thread content and then misread it.

-W

Having the same problem

I have the same problem with disks from PBS. I back up to the hard drive. The skips are always in the same places on the hard drive copy but not on the original. It's driving me nuts!

American Experience: Chicago, City of the Century

Back